Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    My #1 way to hit armbars from mount is S-mount for sure. If you wanna get those armbars from another way, just get a super high mount then fish for the deep hook and go form there. But If your that high already, might as well just hit S-mount

Place both hands on your opponents chest, and in one rapid succession of movements, pick up your hips, swing them and your legs around one of your opponents arms, slide down your opponent's arm like a fire pole keeping pressure on the tricep, place back of one of your knee's against opponent's face, bring heels in, wrap opponent's arm with both of your hands/arms, squeeze knees, lean back, slowly raise hips, thumb up, pull on sleeve of gi if necessary; if you can do all that, your armbars will be solid...right Renato?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hollywood
    Dude, your problem is you're not wearing the gi. Put that shit on, and you'll be straight.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Keeling View Post
    This is actually a common problem. let me try to give you step by step.
    1. let's say they push up on you and give you the opp. and you attack their left arm.
    2. first place both hands on their chest, one of your arms going over the arm your attacking, and the other one under.
    3. lean forward a little so that your weight is slightly on your opp chest, then swing your leg around (keeping tight). This is a drill to help you feel the mechanics. drill each side 10 times, then you will start to get it down. Then you can start adding details that increase your pecentages. (ie; turning their head away as you transition, locking your feet under the opposite shoulder, etc...)
    Feel free to hit me up anytime!
    This is how I was taught the standard armbar from mount with one key exception instead of just swingning your leg around, say you'r attacking your oponets right arm you slide your left knee up next to his head as if you were moving into s mount but leave your right foot flat on the floor leaning forward the whole time keeping pressure on your opponets chest with your hands keeping him flat, thats the first position. Then keeping your hips low and your weight forward you step over with your left foot and slide down his arm to the floor at this point you have to hook the arm either traditional with your right arm or 10th planet style with your left arm and finish the arm bar. The problem is if you fail to keep your opponet flat on his back you could loose position and would need to go ahead and transition to s mount and the set up only really works if your opponet extends his arm as if to push you off.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I always use Eddie's head and armpit control in mount and use it to transition to s mount then to spiderweb. Remember the deep hook at all times. Keep repping it shit will click.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    ^ I also love this setup.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    i think if you are "looking" for the armbar that may be the first error.

if you want to do the traditional armbar (the basic swing your legs over style), you have to wait for the moment when your opponent gives it to you. don't force it. he needs to be pushing pretty hard against your chest, and you need to have a lot of reps in on this particular style of armbar (just like any other tech). the first 2 submissions i ever got in competition were both with this armbar.

the problem is that as people get better, they stop pushing up on your chest and they start hiding their arms better. not to mention the fact that they are no longer laying on the bottom waiting to get submitted. they are escaping before you even get set into position if they know what they're doing.

now you gotta open him up. you gotta have great weight distribution. you have to threaten him in order to get him to expose a limb or his neck.

i like the s-mount, but the problem of fighting the t-rex still exists. without the gi, i find mount a difficult place to attack from. i much prefer side control.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123