10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester

USDA Admits To Causing Mass Bird Death With Poison

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Crazy shit man
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Not that I don't believe this, but where exactly in the article does the USDA admit to anything?

All I see is a quote by the bird conservation director at the National Audubon Society.

I don't see any source material either.

EDIT: found a source on my own. I wish the website had posted it though.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMike2k9 View Post
    Not that I don't believe this, but where exactly in the article does the USDA admit to anything?

All I see is a quote by the bird conservation director at the National Audubon Society.

I don't see any source material either.

EDIT: found a source on my own. I wish the website had posted it though.
    lol dude did you read this?

Nevertheless, the USDA’s role in the South Dakota bird deaths puts a focus on a little-known government bird-control program that began in the 1960s under the name of Bye Bye Blackbird, which eventually became part of the USDA and was housed in the late ’60s at a NASA facility. In 2009, USDA agents euthanized more than 4 million red-winged blackbirds, starlings, cowbirds, and grackles, primarily using pesticides that the government says are not harmful to pets or humans.

In addition to the USDA program, a so-called depredation order from the US Fish and Wildlife Service allows blackbirds, grackles, and starlings to be killed by anyone who says they pose health risks or cause economic damage. Though a permit is needed in some instances, the order is largely intended to cut through red tape for farmers, who often employ private contractors to kill the birds and do not need to report their bird culls to any authority.

“Every winter, there’s massive and purposeful kills of these blackbirds,” says Greg Butcher, the bird conservation director at the National Audubon Society. “These guys are professionals, and they don’t want to advertise their work. They like to work fast, efficiently, and out of sight.”

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Wow, this shit is nutts! Cool post!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Starlings in particular are a HUGE problem for airports and such. We had a real problem at the Niagara Falls AFB with them (but I don't recall a huge culling campaign). The little fuckers reproduce faster than rabbits and flock in ridiculously large black clouds like locusts.