Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox

Bicep Slicer/Arm Crush question

So in sparring yesterday a buddy went for an arm bar while I was in his guard. I figure foured my arms and his switched to like the arm crush from his back and tapped me. Do you guys guys have any tips regarding avoiding or defending it?

Array

School
    10th Planet Nottingham
    i got caught with the same thing about a year ago. so me and the guy who tapped me trouble shooted it and came up with if i stacked and tried to fold him in half this didnt give him any space to arch his back to apply maximum pressure so im keeping him flat on his back trapping his hips to the floor. so in the end he gave up on the sub. as soon as he released u can control him and pass. also its very hard for him to toss you as his legs are already tied up so he cant swim for momentum

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    If personally dont figure four my arms for that reason espcially when im in spiderweb. I usually gable my hands together and bring my knee to my elbow which creates a cage so he cant bring the leg over and arm crush me, then slowly inch your arm out. Stacking usually works when your being arm crushed in the guard.

Array

School
    Draculino Team Marbella Spain
    I just competed last weekend in the BJJ Europeans, in Portugal. First time as a black belt. I was surprised to realize that bicep slicers are illegal under IBJJF rules. :-(

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Ive noticed most gi divisions in tournaments dont allow slicers/crushers. Hopefully they dont take them away from no gi too
    I know one of the MTS shows a swim move with the Duda, i would think you could do the same with the arm crush from the armbar..?
    #10thplanetFREAKS