Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin
    Bill im confused are you an attorney or is Ken? Are you connected to Nick Diaz some how? Just curious.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    Maybe you're just really well informed, but that's a pretty large assumption to say that 95% of the top MMA and BJJ guys in the world are getting high? I mean you really don't know what you're talking about right?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    Maybe you're just really well informed, but that's a pretty large assumption to say that 95% of the top MMA and BJJ guys in the world are getting high? I mean you really don't know what you're talking about right?
    There is a VERY large number of high level BJJ and MMA guys that enjoy their weed.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I have been hitting the wheelchair a lot when guys are defending calf crank, crotch rippers, banana spilts. And in terms of weed some people drink at the end of the day and some people blaze. Option 2 in my opinion is the safer option. It 2011 whats the big deal seriously.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by John Alighieri View Post
    What I don't like is that he didn't take the time to really look into the truck and the calf crank. The way Eddie has been teaching the calf crank was/is to push on the heel with your free leg not to triangle your legs which would obviously keep you away from being calf cranked. Not to mention how shitty the guy is controlling Primola's legs in the first place.
    I got nothing against the dude it just annoys me to see sloppy setups being sold has what "the 10th planet guys are doing and that's how you defend it" type of videos

Erik Paulson did the same with the lockdown a while back with the guy on the bottom who had no double unders.

Get the proper setups then come up with something and then I'd be fine with whatever they have to offer that's all
    I agree 1000%

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Bill im confused are you an attorney or is Ken? Are you connected to Nick Diaz some how? Just curious.
    No not connected, just friends.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I like how at :50 all of a sudden his students are talking way louder than he is and I cant hear him, good job.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    Jared I know enough to write a best seller But I would never break anyones trust in me. But what I can say is I know current and former UFC and StrikeForce Champions that do. I travel the world to train with the best. And this was a surprising side bit of knowledge learned. I personally don't think it's a big deal. But at the same time, I know it would unfortunately destroy some people to learn their idol smoked kind... That is what I find sad. Does it change who they are, or their accomplishments? No. Get my point? But as we witnessed with Micheal Phelps, it doesn't matter what you have done/accomplished or if your the best in the world and in history for that matter. They will demonize you the same as they did him...

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    I agree with you. I'm totally pro weed. My ears just always perk up when people throw out things like "95%" this and that.
    I would just avoid that kind of jargon in the name of accuracy- You can just as easily say you associate with a large number of professionals fighters who smoke and avoid the sweeping assumption. Just my .02.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    I will just say from a total noob perspective and a guy that looked a loooooong time before picking a spot to train. 10th Planet guys are the rockstars of BJJ right now. BJJ has become cool and no-gi systems are cool with the kids. There's no 100 buck gi to start with, the techniques have cool names, joe rogan promotes it....eddie is a cool guy and appears totally approachable. I would say the system is only 2nd to Gracie's.

People see this and hear their students talking about rubber guard or buying some 10th planet vids and so their ego gets in the way. What I love about my spot is all of the coaches have different thoughts on certain situations and show you the pluses and minuses...you know...like people who want to expand the art and not go on ego.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast