Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back control...

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

Back control...

You have the guys back.. One under hook.. and one overhook(?) You grab hands over his shoulder/side of his neck.. Keep your chest to his back.. Is this already a position? If so.. whats the name.. I feel like theres a lot of set ups to armbars and judo-esk kimoras.. (whichever ones grab under the shoulder instead of over). Some slick looking omoplatas? . Anyone know anything or have any experience with this while rolling? Ive been having a lot of success with it in class but I also feel like I might be missing a lot of key points that would be necessary to have against higher ranks. Links of anyone using it would be just as useful. :P

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    What class did this happen in?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    You have the guys back.. One under hook.. and one overhook(?) You grab hands over his shoulder/side of his neck.. Keep your chest to his back.. Is this already a position? If so.. whats the name.. I feel like theres a lot of set ups to armbars and judo-esk kimoras.. (whichever ones grab under the shoulder instead of over). Some slick looking omoplatas? . Anyone know anything or have any experience with this while rolling? Ive been having a lot of success with it in class but I also feel like I might be missing a lot of key points that would be necessary to have against higher ranks. Links of anyone using it would be just as useful. :P
    What Im picturing is like a reverse homie control...Am I close?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    sounds like the position you refer to is "seat belt control" Some MTS vids of Eddie explaining the transition to Spiderweb from here.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    The Shark Tank in Richmond, Indiana. Its a nice place but the people I happen to roll with arent really excellent grapplers.. The instructors good but hes got a bad knee so he doesnt really roll with us. So Im hoping if someone else with more experience with it could point me in the right direction.. I could maybe learn how to make that position better.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    No, not seatbelt control.. Your hands are behind his head more than in front of it.. Your right hand under his right arm.. Your left hand, over his left arm but behind his back.. like you are going for a half nelson? then I happen to grab hands between his shoulder and neck.. but Im not really qualified to say whats best because I dont know much about it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    What Im picturing is like a reverse homie control...Am I close?
    When you say reverse homie control.. Im honestly not super well versed in the names.. But is that the part of rubberguard before you zombie? if so, then this doesnt use legs other than to get your hooks in.. and to crawl up their body if youre going for a submission i suppose.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    It sounds like you have a underhook on one side and a chicken-wing on the other and are connecting your hands behind his back with like an S grip?

The only think I don't understand is, is your underhook coming back over his shoulder to meet up with your other hand, completing the chicken ultra?

Sorry if that's way off, lol -- too high to try and imagine what you're saying.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    wow, that sounds crazy. Like to see a vid.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    It sounds like you have a underhook on one side and a chicken-wing on the other and are connecting your hands behind his back with like an S grip?

The only think I don't understand is, is your underhook coming back over his shoulder to meet up with your other hand, completing the chicken ultra?

Sorry if that's way off, lol -- too high to try and imagine what you're saying.
    Im pretty sure you nailed it.. The only difference being I usually grab my hands in a gable grip. But other than that.. Thats precisely it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast