Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Mat Santos BJJ
    no, he wasn't stacking at all, he was elbows on knees and hands clasped behind my back

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I find using Maddog helps in that situation as well, I usually can get enough leverage to pop their grip open, then transition right to Jiu-claw.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Mat Santos BJJ
    So chris, just so I'm understanding this right. I need to be at New York when I pop the grip or do I need to be at shill dog? If i'm still at new york when I pop the grip I will in essence lose the hand to the mat. Right? I'm confusing myself

Array

School
    Mat Santos BJJ
    I meant Chill Dog, I cant type today

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    have you tried the 100%?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schumer View Post
    So chris, just so I'm understanding this right. I need to be at New York when I pop the grip or do I need to be at shill dog? If i'm still at new york when I pop the grip I will in essence lose the hand to the mat. Right? I'm confusing myself
    from Chill dog.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Schumer View Post
    I was rolling earlier today and as soon as I got to New York the guy I was rolling with clasped his hands behind my back (at my lower back) buried his head into my sternum and just sat there. When I tried to clear the neck I couldn't get my elbow under his chin to start the move to the gogo. We were both kinda stuck there, I was waiting for him to move and he knew if he released his grasp I would continue the progression. I need help with this because I have a feeling everyone is gonna be shutting down my rubber guard this way. Thanks in advance
    Honestly if someone is just going to completely keep tight like that its going to be difficult to set anything up. If you dont care for the guy drive you fist into his neck and go for the "gag reflex" or just make him super uncomfortable to force him to move. He basically gifting you a bump sweep too.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    He basically gifting you a bump sweep too.
    I've had that happen before. Dude locked up my hips killing RG, I regressed to an overhook guard but I still couldn't hip out since he was still pinning me. I had to attack the kimura, and a weak attempt at a hip bump which opened him up enough for me to get my left hip out and hit the omoplata from the overhook.

The wrestlers at my gym are really good at this meta game. They pin your hips and then wait for a reckless opening (on your part) to pass. Usually head control before they get set works to keep them grinding for position, leaving an opening, but sometimes I get stuck and have to give a little of an opening to get one.

Lately, the head control has been so effective that I just use it to get up and attack from sprawl control. Head control is very helpful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12