School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein View Post
    just posted on that youtube page. game on
    Just saw your post, is that guy for real? damn

Array

School
    10th planet headquarters
    I think this guy (ken primola) was talked about on a early thread hating on 10 planet.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Not saying I could tap him or have superior skill. Just saying its easy to blow through a grappling dummy. I actually have experience using rubberguard effectively on collegiate wrestlers and guarantee the outcome might not be favorable for me but it won't go down as pathetic as he made it seem. When he posted such a silly video, he opened himself up for all sorts of comments. Getem Einstein

Array

School
    Charles Gracie Reno
    "It's been working for me" - Ken Primola
    Probably because you've been rolling with guys who suck. I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone halfway decent get subbed from closed guard bottom by someone in their same weight class.

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    He will only run his mouth, dicktuck, and back down. I have already tried....

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Lol
    Go get him Einstein

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    I think I just vomit in my mouth a little.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by RobSchwartz View Post
    "It's been working for me" - Ken Primola
    Probably because you've been rolling with guys who suck. I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone halfway decent get subbed from closed guard bottom by someone in their same weight class.
    As stated before, Ken is actually a very stong black belt. I have seen him do a few superfights and he has very good wrestling...mixed in with good solid basics type jitz. That being said...there is more that meets the eye with this one. Kens school is in the same general area as 10th Planet Bear DE, so my opinion is that Ken is trying to disprove the system (and thus keep his students and attract more). He is clearly attempting to pick apart 10th planet techniques. You can see that his students (who i know and have sparred with and all purple belts) are not familiar with how to properly do the techniques. His students are good jitz guys...10th planet techs just aren't in their vocabulary.

So while these techniques may work on guys who dont practice the system...i can pretty much guarantee that Ken has not sparred with any true rubber guard\lockdown players who practice the system on a regular basis (and do it correctly). Having trained at 6 different schools over the last 5 years I pretty much know everyone in the jitz community on the East Coast. The only guys in this area that do it right are the 10th planet Bear guys...and i dont think any of them have sparred with Ken.

Array

School
    Delaware Barbell Club & Fitness BJJ
    is this another guy that got a "honorary "black belt ???

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    no...kens a legit BB...whether you think he is a good teacher or production manager is clearly up for debate though

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast