Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Allum View Post
    I just want to know wtf is with the shooting glasses?
    You never know when you might have to bust a cap! safety first.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Segal said in a post fight interview that Anderson was already doing the kick. He said that when he saw the power Anderson had in his kicks (Segal said he was consistently knocking people in the gym out with body shots!), he thought he could tweak it to make it work better for Silva. That's what he means by "taught that to Anderson". For example, I noticed that this time he leaned forward more, making the angle seem impossible for a high kick and more like a body shot. Also, Silva looked down to fake him out. Additionally, at that level, it's all about context. I'm sure he didn't just work on the kick, but rather on when to throw it, what to throw before to set it up, etc.

I think people get mad at Segal and Anderson working together because they take it for more than it is. But Anderson has been picking stuff up from Aikido just like he has from Shotokan (Lyoto), boxing (long list), etc. I don't see why he would give all that credit to Segal and constantly have him around if he wasn't helping a lot, and I think Anderson is pretty capable of evaluating what works, seeing as how he is the best fighter the world has ever known. (Before people attack this, I'm talking pure skill. When you look at older "best fighters", the fighting world had not evolved enough for them to pick up all the different skills you now need. Fair or not, in a street fight or cage match, Anderson would murder any of the old, one-dimensional greats unless they had years to catch up in wrestling, muay-thai, BJJ, or whatever they were missing back then).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234