Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    You said you were not going to film the results. Not that you gave up on it. You don't think claiming to master a vast complex system like 10th planet, which people have dedicated their lives to, in 6 weeks is at all disrespectful?

I like experiments. I am curious is all. Look forward to your naga vid.

Hmm...

Where in Hawaii would you like to see a school? What is affordable, sustainable, and where are the most people interested?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eisner View Post
    Hmm...

Where in Hawaii would you like to see a school? What is affordable, sustainable, and where are the most people interested?
    I would say look at Oahu has about 850,000 on it plus lots military (2 large bases). Realistate is big bucks on all the islands Oahu has the highest population out of all the islands. You really dont need to worry about BJ's school on Hilo because of the cost of going from island to island is high also. I go to Hawaii every year now so it would be great to have a school to train at.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    You said you were not going to film the results. Not that you gave up on it. You don't think claiming to master a vast complex system like 10th planet, which people have dedicated their lives to, in 6 weeks is at all disrespectful?

I like experiments. I am curious is all. Look forward to your naga vid.
    It wasn't intended to be disrespectful and I'm sorry to anyone who viewed it that way. It's not as if I'm starting from scratch. If I just started BJJ and said I was going to master the system, then that would be complete BS. My experiment was that I think people learn inefficiently and that I think I have found a way to do it better.

to keep this on topic for anyone coming to Maui, we have a 5th degree Rickson Gracie Black Belt in Luis Heredia, 2nd Degree Carlson Gracie Black Belt in Christian Grandi, and a bunch of other black belts to choose from.

Array

School
    Unaffiliated
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eisner View Post
    Hmm...

I think anywhere in the highlighted area would be perfect. Our island is only about 45 miles long so if the school was located somewhere in the middle it would only be a short drive no matter where you're coming from. As for affordability, I think this area would also be pretty good. Theres a lot of industrial property you could lease. Here's one example in the Waipahu/Waipio area > http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/15833...et-Waipahu-HI/. I don't know ecxactly what kind of price range is affordable, but one of the Gracie Barra schools is located in one of those buildings... Like Scott said, Oahu has the largest population of the Hawaiian islands and EVERYONE here trains. Jiu Jitsu/MMA is a big deal in Hawaii so you don't have to worry about people being interested. 10th Planet is THE best form of Jiu Jitsu IMO, people just need an opportunity to experience it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Ttt

Array

School
    Unaffiliated
    Bttt

Array

School
    CG Island Jiu Jitsu
    Oahu here, would love to practice some 10P system.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post
    Damn, I'm on Maui. At least you guys got Relson Gracie and Romolo Barros over there.
    right on i got family there

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Quote Originally Posted by 808JERMZ View Post

I think anywhere in the highlighted area would be perfect. Our island is only about 45 miles long so if the school was located somewhere in the middle it would only be a short drive no matter where you're coming from. As for affordability, I think this area would also be pretty good. Theres a lot of industrial property you could lease. Here's one example in the Waipahu/Waipio area > http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/15833...et-Waipahu-HI/. I don't know ecxactly what kind of price range is affordable, but one of the Gracie Barra schools is located in one of those buildings... Like Scott said, Oahu has the largest population of the Hawaiian islands and EVERYONE here trains. Jiu Jitsu/MMA is a big deal in Hawaii so you don't have to worry about people being interested. 10th Planet is THE best form of Jiu Jitsu IMO, people just need an opportunity to experience it.
    I would like to formally volunteer to move to Oahu and start a 10pl school, can we start a "Help Bryan move to Hawaii" fund? Just kidding but seriously. I think it would fall into my way of life nicely, Jiu jitsu, Acoustic guitar, surfing and BBQ, everyday?, Yes please.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast