Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Emir, I appreciate your looking into various schools, and understand that you're only 13. You get a bit of a mulligan because of age. Here's the thing: (in full disclosure) you will never know for ABSOLUTE certain what school is best for you until you try, and also stick with it for a while. One thing I see, especially with younger guys just getting into it, is they all want "the best" this, "the best" that and they have no patience and want the magic pill to take to get great fast. Here's the thing: it takes YEARS to become proficient in any sense in a martial arts discipline. Sure, some guys look awesome and make it look easy, but if you want to be Anderson Silva or GSP, well, you have to put in the lifelong commitment that each of them has.
    As far as my academy. All I will say (again) is: I have an excellent grappling program. Anyone who says otherwise, or is judging purely on if/when my students do grappling tournaments is short sighted. I don't necessarily focus on tournies (I know that may shock people) and many of my students have less than 1 or 2 years of (inconsistent) training. I don't really care about trophies. I daresay I have the best Muay Thai/Boxing in the state. I have fought and trained myself with Kru Phil Nurse for 20 plus years.
    There are many good/decent gyms in the area. However, anyone who says anything negative about another for profit should make you wonder. You need to judge for yourself.
    I've never seen you come in to try anything out previously. I've invited you to take a free trial class, and yes, I have to return you mother's call, but I don't know how serious you are and I'm being very selective about who I take on as a new student moving forward as I change the way I do things. My time is valuable, and I love helping people out, but my I have a limited amount of time to field the same questions over and over. When you finally find the time to actually try a class, then you will have some information to make a decision for yourself with your parents.

Array

School
    10thPlanet Oceanside

This thread starter sounds an awful lot like this video lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Emir, you have started several threads asking the same question, STOP. You are starting to spam the forum, asking the samething over and over again.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    It seems like ive upset alot of people...sorry i guess i would love to go to either place right now but i have training as it is witch im proablably going to quit to try out one of these places, john i understand i have to come try a class for my questions to be answered ill try to have my mom skip her mma class tommorow so we can go check out your place john. If you could please return my moms phone call sometime today/tonight it would be appreciated. I also understand that evreything takes time i dont want to rush anything but i do want to get the best training possible...i dont want non-quality training
    i have a few questions though

1.Do you think your bjj program is just as good as ultimate mma's, if not better?

2.What are u changing up john (u said your only picking a few students to go on?)

3.and my final question, You said your moving your place down to planville witch is much easier fo me to make in middletown, so when is your place moving to planville?

Chris i am verry sorry, i will not make the same threads over again again i apoligize. and daniel i might come off that way but if you actually knew me you would know that not at all how i am, i already do bjj only twice a week for just over a year but i guess im doing alright if im in intermediate at naga already...next win and ill be in expert.

ooo one more questions john lol...how many instructers are their at snemma?...what are their credentials?(sorry for my spelling haha)

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Emir-I left your mom a voicemail on her cell phone yesterday. I have the utmost confidence that my BJJ/Grappling program and credentials are as good as anyone's or better-or I wouldn't be teaching. Do you think 3 highly credible instructors would trust me otherwise? All of my instructors are certified by me and train under my guidance. They're assitants when I am unable to be there, or to help out in training sessions.
    My changes are occurring over the next two months. More details to follow as needed.
    Be well and train well, and just be careful about being repetitive. I know you're only 13, but have the same threads/questions asked over and over can get tedious to almost everyone. It's all part of your personal growth and you'll learn as you get older

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Thanks john, dont worry i wont be making the same threads over and over again...thanks again ill be checking out the gym...make sure to keep us updated on the changes (:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12