Array

School
    Superior Fitness Elk City, OK

Attacking/Escaping Half Guard

I like the old buttock compressor and attacking the far side arm, but what are some other good ways to attack the lockdown or half guard that work for you guys/gals?

Quote Originally Posted by pstover View Post
    I like the old buttock compressor and attacking the far side arm, but what are some other good ways to attack the lockdown or half guard that work for you guys/gals?
    Japanese neck tie when they whip up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Twister pass is my go to, automatic.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Capoeira pass......darce......

Array

School
    Serra BJJ

No hands pass, its the first half guard pass I learned. Keep constant pressure with that butterfly until you slide the other knee through. The strong butterfly will loosen the lockdown and give you enough space to pass.
    I was taught to do this pass with my head on the other side to keep shoulder pressure on his face. Not sure how much it matters.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Stolfi View Post
    I was taught to do this pass with my head on the other side to keep shoulder pressure on his face. Not sure how much it matters.
    Your correct, its an important detail in keeping the pressure in its proper place. Shoulder pressure on the near side aand constant pressure across his chest to your under hook keeps them flat. Your also going to want to keep the left knee very tight as you bring the foot/shin on the inside of their thigh, if its floating your opponent will be able to whizzer/pimparm and replace guard.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Superior Fitness Elk City, OK
    Good stuff, keep it coming. I'm also very interested in options to attack the lower body if they remain very defensive and relatively flat. I've been hunting for the darce/Jap neck tie if they turn into me and it's getting a little more familiar, but again when they remain very tight and defensive I'm looking for some more options. Many thanks y'all.