Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    Bones couldnt even put away bonnar. Theres no way in hell hes beating shogun...sorry bones nuthuggers
    I'm not a nut hugger of Jones! I just live in reality of Shogun's multiple knee surgery's. I can say Shogun was Forrest Griffin's bitch after his last knee surgery. Shogun is not going to be the same fighter from the last 2 Machida fights!

Array

School
    Ronin
    Bones couldnt even put away bonnar. Theres no way in hell hes beating shogun...sorry bones nuthuggers
    So because people have a different oppinion than you there nuthuggers? How old are you? Take that shit to sherdog!
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    Bones has beat a washed up vera, the janitor who sucks and had undue hype behind his ass and beat bader who was also hyped up way to much,,hahaha
    so who would you have jones fight so that he would be worthy by your estimation to fight for the title?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Bones will be champ..as much as i like shogun jones will handle him like he has everybody else. Watch Shogun get some frequent flyer miles
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Team Link Ludlow, MA
    Personally I was impressed at how he manhandled Bader, it looked like they were in two different weight classes. Bader has excellent wrestling but jones proved his stuff on the ground. He made a great wrestler look like a white belt. He ate power punches on the feet and kept coming forward. Shogun is a beast but he will have to be %100 physically and ferocious to do any damage to jones. I'd say his one shot is a knockout, I don't see him threatening jones on the ground.

I wish it was Anderson instead of Shogun. Their styles are similar, Bones has the reach, size and cardio to match Anderson, it could make for an incredible fight. After that front kick knockout on Vitor, Anderson looks unbeatable, totally in his element, but I for one haven't forgotten the Chael Sonnen fight, where a wrestler with dominant top control and excellent cardio worked the spider for 24 minutes. Could Bones do the same? We'll get a preview against Shogun, I guarantee Bones' game plan will be to use his reach to set Shogun up for a throw or takedown.

Array

School
    UFC Gym -- Thomas Kenney
    I agree....people act like shogun has never lost...he got submitted by forrest then ran through coleman and lidell...I mean one can make the argument that the only person shogun has beat in UFC is Machida...and he couldn't finish him the first time. I will not say that however. Shogun is hardly unbeatable and trying to slug with bones is probably a bad idea...expect jones to also test out that knee with some stiff kicks. Factor in jones was pretending to be rua for rashad's fight and he should be more than prepared for him.

I just think the reach and strength that Bones has is hugely underestimated. He has to be SUPER strong to hold Bader down, and not to mention, with the longest reach EVER he has an advantage in striking and grappling, but then again Bones is no Black Belt, whereas Shogun is... right? Its been a long day, sorry if this is totally off.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Replying to the OP, the reason is that Shogun got choked out by forest, barely beat Coleman, KO'ed Chuck, lost to machida, then knocked machida out. Now he did look good taking out machida, when he lost to him they both did not look like very damaging fighters, chuck fight I can't comment on and he flat out sucked wind thru his butthole in forest and coleman fights. Reason? Everybody say he blew his knee so thats why. Well, he blew his knee again and it is not a long shot to expect a bad performance from him. There has been no negatives or weaknesses shown by Jones so far. However until he gets exposed he has every right to ride the same train that Machida did. Also although I have never personally seen, rolled or armwresled Ryan Bader, per Joe Rogan he is one of the strongest 205'ers out there and he got man handled by Jon Jones. So would give strength, condition, reach, athleticism, take downs and wrestling advantages to Jones, submissions and technical striking to Rua. Rua maybe with a knee-bar from no-where or a solid knee to the chin from the clinch. Except punchers chances I give the rest of the possibilities to Jones to win.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Quote Originally Posted by James Davis View Post
    so who would you have jones fight so that he would be worthy by your estimation to fight for the title?
    Thats just it, he beat Bader, Couture has always been overrated and Machida has been exposed. He said he wouldnt fight Rashad and Rampage is fat. There really is no one else in the light heavy division. It truly is a weak division. The only other guy for him to fight is Forrest and he just fought so thats not happening. Tito or Karlos Vemola would smash him in my opinion

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    I am truly a fan of Jones and think he is the future but to say that he would destroy everyone because he has a reach advantage and beat a bunch of scrubs is just dumb. Shogun is gonna derail the hype train

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast