Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Um, what?

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    @Jason Hyatt - Thanks for the clarification. Makes WAY more sense. I believe that. It's the same as the studies that show that if you are predisposed to or have latent schizophrenia, mushrooms can activate it. Really, the truth to get out of it is that anything psychoactive can push an unstable mind over the edge.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    Meta-analysis can never follow the rules of hard science, for example being double-blind, controlled, or proposing a way to falsify the theory in question. It is only a statistical examination of scientific studies, not an actual scientific study, itself.

A weakness of the method is that sources of bias are not controlled by the method. A good meta-analysis of badly designed studies will still result in bad statistics. Robert Slavin has argued that only methodologically sound studies should be included in a meta-analysis, a practice he calls 'best evidence meta-analysis'. Other meta-analysts would include weaker studies, and add a study-level predictor variable that reflects the methodological quality of the studies to examine the effect of study quality on the effect size.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I have actually seen this first hand. Although weed wasn't the only drug used, dude def went into deep psychosis. I think we were like 16.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12