Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Bolden View Post

Red asked me a while back to take his videos off line because he didn't want people to know what his 'style was'. I told him " Jean Marc, there is a huge difference knowing what you are going to do and STOPPING it."

The more things change, the more things stay the same? I dunno. I am just thinking out loud.
    Ari I think you handled that great. Everyone has seen my videos and know what I'm going after, so when I do get it, its even better. They see it coming and can't stop it.

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    Ari I think you handled that great. Everyone has seen my videos and know what I'm going after, so when I do get it, its even better. They see it coming and can't stop it.
    Wait Scott, do you have a go to move?

Heel something or another...i dunno...never heard of it

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    [QUOTE=Brandon Palmer;41017]Wait Scott, do you have a go to move?

Heel something or another...i dunno...never heard of it[/QUOTE

You must be thinking about someone else Brandon. I use the Rigde Hand, gets them everytime.

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    HAH! Fockken ridge hand...F T W!

You should get John Kreese or Terry Silver to teach you leg sweeps, guys in tournaments are suckers for them.

Also, i just wanted to say ballbag real bad, so i just did. Feel free to judge me.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Amen Ari

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Cool....just cool. I wasn't trying to speak for Eddie's game but rather taking conversations I have had over the years in 'splices' and reporting how things change (and apparently how things come full circle and stay the same ;-)

It is amazing what you can learn when your eyes and ears are open. It is even more amazing how much you learn when your HEART is open and into it. I dunno, I've been a quite 10th Planet warrior over the past year but I am STILL very much around and reppin here in Victoria. Proud to be the first school in Canada.

And each school develops its own flavor.

One last note: Teachers and students should recognize what will work best in one's game. Size, injuries and a host of other factors will give you different abilities. Its great to have a vast tool box but also know what tools are able to be handled the best. I have to kick myself in the ass when I am playing my old game over and over. Reinvent yourself once and a while. Coming out of that comfort zone may mean you lose position or tap....ALOT. the sword only get's stronger the longer you forge it.

Be well everyone
    Ari
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I see stuff work for a while, get stuffed for a while and then make a come back in my game. Its a lot of fun.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Eddie's my superhero:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123