Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte

japanese necktie question...

I been toying with this move lately and i run into same situation each time..I am dipping my shoulder to make sure i can lock it up...but the problem is setting up the far hand to lock it up...? Each time they feel u dip ur shoulder and try to waht they think is a darce set up they pull back thier head and i cantt lock it up? does anyone have a set up for the far hand that goes behind their head?

Array

School
    10th Planet jiu jitsu Orange park
    I have been smashing there head down with the free hand till I lock the hands up.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Sometimes I'll plant my fist into the mat right behind their neck and post my weight onto it creating a block for their neck. Then I'll push my hips into their body, driving them and their neck into my arm until their neck bends giving me the grip.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    I'm having a hard time getting either the Japanese Necktie or D'arce on anyone with shoulders wider than my arms' length. Is it lower percentage on bigger guys? I can't even get my chock hand/arm to cinch up on the bicep of my outer arm. Sometimes just the very tips of my fingers can reach my bicep on the 200+ lb guys.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting either the Japanese Necktie or D'arce on anyone with shoulders wider than my arms' length. Is it lower percentage on bigger guys? I can't even get my chock hand/arm to cinch up on the bicep of my outer arm. Sometimes just the very tips of my fingers can reach my bicep on the 200+ lb guys.
    Definitely lower percentage on bigger guys, but in my experience, most submissions are like that (for me anyway, I'm 5'10 155lbs). All the more reason to work on that squeeeeze.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Glach View Post
    Definitely lower percentage on bigger guys, but in my experience, most submissions are like that (for me anyway, I'm 5'10 155lbs). All the more reason to work on that squeeeeze.
    Yeah, we're about the same body type. I'm 158-160 and 5'9. Too bad about lower % on bigger guys. The necktie, d'arce, and anaconda are always there in the sprawl control position. Yeah maybe I just need more reps in on it and that squeeeeeeeeeeeeze.

Array

School
    Anu Academy
    You can get it without totally smashing their head inside ala the darce. Work your arms like a bowsaw. Dip your arm through like you're going to darce, gable grip, and if they keep their neck strong, slide your arms like a bowsaw as you dive over their head. Their head will be on your chest and the other key is hooking that leg b4 you dive. Once their head is jacked up a bit on your chest, you can use your whole body to finish.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Allen View Post
    You can get it without totally smashing their head inside ala the darce. Work your arms like a bowsaw. Dip your arm through like you're going to darce, gable grip, and if they keep their neck strong, slide your arms like a bowsaw as you dive over their head. Their head will be on your chest and the other key is hooking that leg b4 you dive. Once their head is jacked up a bit on your chest, you can use your whole body to finish.
    Ty for the reply Jim. I'm having a hard time visualizing the "bonesaw" and "dive" aspect of the tweaks you're giving. Could you possibly post a video to demonstrate if it isn't too much trouble.

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    smashing face could work some but as u smash thier face they tend to squrim back...hand behind head might work also..try both soon