Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Jay Pages Jiu-Jitsu/CTA

ATTN 10thPJJ School Owners! Class Structure?

How do you guys structure your classes? Conditioning, Warm-Up, Skill Development, Rolling, etc. Thanks.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Jay, here's the way I try to work it:

7pm is instruction and rep time. I try to teach it with demonstration, guided practice, and then reps. At 8 we go to a brief Q&A concerning the tech we covered. At 8:15, we roll till at least 9:30. I expect them to step outside of their comfort zone and work on things that need work, not just look for a "win" during free roll. The students we have that are doing well in competition consistently pinpoint their biggest weaknesses and/or strengths and rep these.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Jay Pages Jiu-Jitsu/CTA
    Brandon,

How many days a week do you have class?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    we have 3 evening classes, and then an open mat on saturday. how do you run your setup?
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Jay Pages Jiu-Jitsu/CTA
    Warm-Up for about 5 Minutes, 15 minutes of Drilling Basics, 30 Minutes of tech., 15 min. of situational rolling, 15 minutes of open rolling then 10 min. of Conditioning at the end. That's 5 days a week. On Tuesday and Thursday's after the regular class, we have an extended class for competition training that goes an extra hour. I'm looking for ideas. Maybe having the classes go 2 hours instead of the typical 1.5 hours.

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    Warm up and Stretch - Teach and trouble shoot as they drill then Live rolling end with more stretching
    ADVANCED JJ is 2 hrs 2 x per week and an hr and a half on SATs...Fundamental JJ is an hr and a half 2 x per week. Also teach an Advanced MMA (hr and a half 1xper week) and fundemntal MMA (hr and a half 1 x per week) we also 3 open mat sessions each week a womens only jj class 1xper week and kids classes 4 x per week. The MMA class structure is different then the JJ classes

Array

School
    Jay Pages Jiu-Jitsu/CTA
    Kevin, Thanks for your input.

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPagesJJ View Post
    Kevin, Thanks for your input.
    No problem...forgot to mention. We do (on average) 40-60 min of live rolling each class (to submission in the Advanced class and for the fundamentals class we do positional (for the first half) and to submission (the second half) of the rolling time. Some days (if they are getting the technique well it may be longer, but if I need to chew into the rolling time to continue to work through issues with whatever we are doing that day ill shorten the spar time. The closer we get to an MMA fight or a competition the school turns more into a camp (depending on how many weeks out we are) rather then our regular format

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I am not an owner or anything, but our class schedule is 7:00pm, the first 5-10 min is stretching/warmups then about 30 min of techniques and then open mat/rolling until people leave(usually 8:30) 5 days a week Mon-Fri.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    RMNU
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Jay, here's the way I try to work it:

7pm is instruction and rep time. I try to teach it with demonstration, guided practice, and then reps. At 8 we go to a brief Q&A concerning the tech we covered. At 8:15, we roll till at least 9:30. I expect them to step outside of their comfort zone and work on things that need work, not just look for a "win" during free roll. The students we have that are doing well in competition consistently pinpoint their biggest weaknesses and/or strengths and rep these.
    I really like the long session. My old school class was a hour then they kicked you out to teach something else. They had long warm ups, drilled and then you might roll 5 min. It is a effort (for working people with a family) to make it to class to just have to leave soon as you break a sweat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast