Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Ken, you doth protest to much.

I've kept my thoughts to myself up until now, as I feel everyone has the right to market themselves,even though I don't agree with the strategy of attacking someone else to do so, its his right regardless. But ken, you doth protest to much my friend. This is starting to remind me of the vocal anti gay reverend that gets caught in thailand banging little boys. I'm thinking Ken is secretly in love with the system, anyone thats spends so much time trying to tear it down (regardless of how horrible of a job that it is), has to appreciate it enough to spend the effort "tearing" it apart. Ken come out of the closet, smoke a bowl and join us!

I feel enlightend now due to watching this video.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    LOL I just noticed the still video looks like hes prentending to hit a bong.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    He's trollin...

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    It does lulz!

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    The best music comes from the creative minds of pot-smokers. IMO the same is happening with 10th planet for no-gi technique.

Other than that, I hear the argument "look at all the best guys in the world at no-gi, they all train primarily in the gi". My response would be, the development of the no-gi game simply hasn't had the same dedication until recently. We didn't start seeing people training primarily no-gi until recently as well. With time the true no-gi practitioners will be on top.

Array

School
    Back from vacation

Array

School
    Superior Fitness Elk City, OK
    OK, I've never smoked weed. I don't own a gi, but I can tell you this-I recently trained with some guys that were primarily gi practitioners and on their turf I was just trying to survive and thrive a little. They returned the favor and trained with us on our turf and I was throwing stuff at them that was baking noodles. Still finished with basic arm triangles and stuff from both worlds, but all the sudden deep half and butterflies bore a lot more weight. So my point is they are two unique creatures that have the same foundation. For example both Muy Tai and Boxing generate their power from the hips with lag, but do they share a gym and teacher? Not so much...

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware

Big NoG on Gi v No Gi...enough said

Array

School
    Martial Arts Progression, Hartlepool, UK
    he hasn't smoked weed (or gotten properly drunk from the sounds of things) and he couldn't understand why those who do congregate together? i wonder why he struggled with that one....

i understand the point that he seems to be making; drugs and martial arts don't belong together. fair enough mate, not a ridiculous opinion to have. however the seeming lack of structure to his argument may make the casual viewer think he's been smoking the good stuff. it's pretty obvious to all here that he's having yet another dig at 10th planet as a whole. it's only with this knowledge that the structure of his speech makes any sense.

what's truly sad is this guy is supposed to be a lawyer, so i'd expect such cunning ploys to be executed with a little more finesse. the reason he failed to maintain credibility was because he was too transparent, especially considering this is part of a campaign aimed at discrediting 10th planet as a whole. he would have probably had more success in his aim if he had focussed on one of the failings of 10th planet. perhaps some of the techniques? maybe the no-gi stance? the weed? eddie's music, some other bloody thing..... my point is, by attempting to be cool, objective and open-minded, while simultaneously having a negative opinion on anything 10th planet; he shows himself to be a dishonest zealot.

do i welcome videos showing how to defeat the rubber guard (or any other 10th planet tech)? yes, if they're useful. which makes his videos so disappointing.

do i think the growing association between weed and jiu jitsu may be a bad thing? Possibly, it's not palatable to everyone after all. And don't get me wrong, i smoked for years before (and since) jiu jitsu.

i just feel that he comes across as deceptive and totally against anything associated with tenth planet. i'd have more respect for the guy if he said "i've wrestled, learned bjj in the gi. i think the gi is a great tool for learning" and came out and said he hates drugs and eddie bravo. because those are the things i'm reading from his videos anyway, but the way he presents himself makes me think "you again..."

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Blah, blah, blah, talking a lot about stuff he doesn't do. People like this talk to hear themselves talk, no experience, no facts, no substance. On that note, Laughing Buddha is loaded up, ready to go.........*cough!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast