NEWS: 8 Strikeforce fighters the UFC might swipe

The ageless Dan Henderson added yet another chapter to his mixed martial arts legend on Saturday night when he ascended to the Strikeforce light heavyweight throne.
    By knocking out former champion Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante less than a minute into the third round, Hendo became the organization's reigning champ at 205 pounds and added to an already long list of accolades.
    Which can only mean one thing, right?
    It's only a matter of time before Dangerous Dan is back in the Ultimate Fighting Championship!
    Consequently, there is a lingering air of suspicion hanging over San Jose that any fighter who makes it big in Strikeforce will eventually pull up stakes and head to the greener pastures ironically headquartered in the desert of Las Vegas.
    And a closer look reveals the paranoia is not without foundation.
    No. 8—Fabricio "Vai Cavalo" Werdum
    No. 7—Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza
    No. 6—Sergei "The Russian Mercenary" Kharitonov
    No. 5—Gegard "The Dreamcatcher" Mousasi
    No. 4—Gilbert "El Nino" Melendez
    No. 3—Alistair "Demolition Man" Overeem
    If the current Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion rampages his way through the field in the grand prix, said jag would produce wins over Fabricio Werdum, Bigfoot Silva and either Josh Barnett or a W in the rubbermatch with the Russian Mercenary.
    In other words, it would give Overeem an excess of hypeability to bring to the UFC's greener pastures.
    And I bet Dana White would have just the luxury stables to offer him.
    No. 2—Nick Diaz
    And, don't forget, this is another fighter who's thick as thieves with Jake Shields.
    So you know the subject is already in play.
    With UFC Welterweight Champion Georges "Rush St-Pierre doing his best to clean out the welterweight division and Nick Diaz rocking the Strikeforce welterweight hardware, you can see why the interest could be mutual.
    No. 1—Paul "Semtex" Daley
    Just kidding.

Read entire article: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...from-its-rival

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I thought that Henderson left the UFC because of price negotiations? I don't see how even the strikeforce belt would raise his stock in the eyes of the UFC.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    I doubt it. Several of those guys had there shot in the UFC and are resentful they're still not there. Hendo and Fedor being a part of something other than the UFC shows MMA fighters that the UFC isn't the only outlet. Also, not being locked into a contract gives fighters something to think about. I'd imagine Strikeforce is planning the demise of Dream and Sengoku and absorbing their fighters would provide the big roster boost Strikeforce needs. Not to mention, the fighters from Cesar Gracie, Team Quest and Extreme Couture starting to trickle in, as developing talent. If Strikeforce can stay afloat, their future is bright.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Nick Diaz will not go back because Jake Shields is going to beat G.S.P. and he will not want to fight Shields. No point in going back to the U.F.C if he's not going to go after the title. Alright you guys can begin laughing at me and telling me I'm crazy.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Charles Gracie Reno
    Hendo made $250,000 for his last fight in Strikeforce. I find it hard to believe Dana White would pay him more than that under any circumstances. After all, Hendo isn't going to be getting any younger. I would be shocked if he ever fights for the UFC again.