Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox

Arm in Guillotine

Does anyone have any tips on the move? I always end up wasting energy and lose the submission.

Array

School
    Rōnin
    im a bit confused on what its called but switching to and arm triangle is what i go for when the guillotine fails i like a darce choke.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    It took me 3 years to finally get one...but once I figured it out it's one of my money subs now. The trick for me is to hip out an then do a crunch towards your knees (put their face in your pocket). you don't really even have to squeeze. Try an get the top of their head on the mat. It sounds wierd...as I always tried to finish the traditional way an it never worked...try it...you will be amazed.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    when we visited Van Nuys, Alder had us working on this all week. he has some great details, much like what VJ described. maybe we can get him to make a video for it.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Mts #8

Array

School
    10th Planet Bear
    I try to hip out and change grip from a ball and socket to gable grip.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    I've always been taught to crunch their head in like I was doing a sit up, instead of squeezing and pulling like a normal guillotine. It seems to get the tap, however from what I've seen there's a bunch of ways to finish the arm in guillotine.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Thank you so much guys I'm going to try out all your tips tonight in class!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    The Marcelo grip helps a lot too. It just changes the leverage. I noticed that Marcelo gets his hips way out to where he's almost on his side (if he's on the bottom) too. My guillotine isn't much but those two changes have made a world of difference.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    I've always been taught to crunch their head in like I was doing a sit up, instead of squeezing and pulling like a normal guillotine. It seems to get the tap, however from what I've seen there's a bunch of ways to finish the arm in guillotine.
    Yep...this is the same thing i am doing as well...works like a charm...i usually use dennys grip whenever possible but sometimes can finish it with a straight gable or link grip as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast