K Madden

Headin back to Africa...hoping to NOT catch Malaria AGAIN.

I've been trying to recover from Malaria- from my LAST trip to Africa. Haven't been cleared to roll in almost 3 months now.
    Let's hope I don't get it later this week...for the THIRD time. 2-for-2 trips to Africa and catching Malaria. Not so good...
    Apparently THAT'S why it was so fucking hard for me to Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro in December... that, or I'm a pussy. Prob the second one.

I was teaching a class on the military base here, and advised my crew of students to grab some instruction elsewhere while I was recovering. I would hate to have them miss the opportunity to learn more while I was down for the count.
    Thankfully, most did. BUT sadly, are now into contracts with their new gyms.

Thinking about jumping into a new gym that opened up a few blocks from my house.
    But its going to be hard to go from teaching to being a student again. Not only just learning, but learning Non-10PJJ... it just sits bad in my stomach.
    Anyone else ever had to do this?

Also, Eddie- Should Fierce Studios be on the 10PJJ map? PM me if you would like, just dont want to assume incorrectly.
    I remember seeing that you said a new studio may be opening soon in that area. We have any details on when? I may be traveling there for my business here in a few months. I'd like to stop by with whomever may be running stuff. Get my ass handed to me.

Much love Thugs

Array

School
    RMNU
    I found myself doing my homework on 10th P and not the gi stuff they were teaching at my old school. It would be hard to go back to studying something else again. Good luck bro!

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Kendell, sorry about your Plasmodium problem. If it is any consolation, you can and will become resistant/immune to malaria naturally with enough infections. They actually have some limited vaccinations for it. Good luck in Africa. Say hello to the Black Panther for me if you're in Wakanda.

K Madden

ya, its a pain in the ass. i lost about 20 lbs both times, and my lungs go to hell in a handbag.

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Kendell:

Ummm, why wouldn't Fierce Studio be on the map? Was there a vote that I wasn't aware of? Last time I checked, I was a member of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu and Eddie's 3rd affiliate in 2007.

signed
    Curious
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

K Madden

No vote, just curious. I didn't want to assume either way and piss someone off.
    Are you still a official 10th Planet school? reason Im asking is for the color of the tab- Green is a official school, Blue are practitioners.

Like i said, either way, ill be in the area, and would love nothing more than to get in some good rolling sessions
    Thanks Ari!
    -K

Array

School
    10th Planet Victoria
    Kendell
    I am certainly an official school and practitioner ;-) I am not sure who is in charge of the colors but that must simply be a mistake. Can you just change the color for me please. Thanks and my door is always open. We run 10th Planet classes on Mon/Wed/Sat!
    cheers
    Ari
    ---------------------
    www.fiercestudio.ca home of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Victoria
    Owner of Submissions 101

“To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.”-Elbert Hubbard

K Madden

Changing it now and hopefully I get to say hi in person soon

Array

School
    10th Planet Eugene / Northwest Training Center
    I love africa..=)
    my school focuses on global issues and we learn through global issues and cultures and etc.. we did an africa unit freshmanyea..and now i made African food..your lucky=)