Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I want to saw much respect for Shelby for getting on the mat and not giving up! I think you should use this as a tool to keep training hard. You had a couple chances to win in each match but you lost postion b/c of tech. Clean up those submission attempts and you'll tap that kid out easy. Also if that kid was suppose to be a wrestler, he didn't look like a good one to me. His double legs look terrible, no set-ups and just lowering your level and running at your oppenent (not good). Also Shelby take sometime to work on your wrestling, not that you have to take people down but it helps mix things up so your not pulling guard all the time. Just some thoughts of mine to add to the mix. Again props to Her for stepping up, keep working hard!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Eugene / Northwest Training Center
    Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    So I was there but i didnt stick around to see....why did she have to face the same guy 3 times in a row? Was there no one else in thier weight class ?
    He was the only boy in my division for weight and skill.There was a girl but she dropped out..=)

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    I want to saw much respect for Shelby for getting on the mat and not giving up! I think you should use this as a tool to keep training hard. You had a couple chances to win in each match but you lost postion b/c of tech. Clean up those submission attempts and you'll tap that kid out easy. Also if that kid was suppose to be a wrestler, he didn't look like a good one to me. His double legs look terrible, no set-ups and just lowering your level and running at your oppenent (not good). Also Shelby take sometime to work on your wrestling, not that you have to take people down but it helps mix things up so your not pulling guard all the time. Just some thoughts of mine to add to the mix. Again props to Her for stepping up, keep working hard!!!!
    Thank you...and everybody else on the comments and feedback..i really appreciate that.=)
    I have been working a few basic wrestling moves...and a little wrestling in PE.. im workin on that part of my game..haha

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    If you actually knew anything about the sport (and you clearly know nothing yet for some reason you are on this forum)...you would know that experience and technique will usually always prevail over strength. It has nothing to do with being 'gay'. if you actually tried the sport I can pretty much guarantee there are at least 3 girls (maybe more) in the system that would sub you without even breaking a sweat. but we wouldnt hold it against you Or even call you gay...

Way to show a ton of heart out there shelby!! your like a human gumby doll!!
    Haha Thank you...iam very lucky for my flexibility..it has really has really helped me=) Thank you for the feedback as well, i like to hear with others say..it helps me work on my game some more=]

Array

School
    10th planet Spokane
    Way to go Shellby! It was great to see you there! You rock it girl! keep up the great work.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdeye View Post
    Tapping out, is in all reality saying that you surrender because you know the other person could either kill you or do serious bodily harm to you. For a boy who is just hitting puberty, and has an impressionable mind this feeling at the hands of a girl could cause serious psychological damage. You are who you are because of two things. One is nature, your specific roll of the dice DNA. The other is the physical reality that you exist in, which causes a direct effect of the structure and function of your brain. I was being a bit sarcastic when I said a boy that lost to a girl at such a young age would turn gay. However, that being said I do believe it is enviable that it will have an effect on him.

Also, yes, yes, yes, I know there are many females that could tap me. However, I am a 28 year old man. I have already formed the basic essence of who I am as a person. I also do you say to guys wearing Jets hats, WTF man you don't play football? Can I not be a fan of the sport without training?
    First off... Congrats Shelby. Good stuff!

I think that everyone needs to be humbled every now and then. I believe that the earlier in life, the better. Once we can learn to shed our egos, and as men ours can be a lot bigger at times, then we can progress a lot faster in life... not only in our athletic pursuits, but also in the development of our social contributions. Yeah he lost to a girl, but the quicker he can learn to drop his mind dominated ego, the better off he'll be in life. This is a win for everyone. Way to go Shelby, keep kicking ass and taking names.

-Crayon

Array

School
    RMNU
    Good work Shelby!

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Orlando
    wow, shes pretty damn good.

3rd... wtf?

Robert Sevigny

ID LOVE FOR A CHICK TO GRAPPLE WITH ME if she doesnt mind fighting off 2 BATTLES IN ONE ;D (thats a wangus reference not a rapey one)

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    Man, super aggressive guard. Good flexibility. Way to go, lady.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345