Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Stavanger MMA

Hotels nearby 10th planet HQ?

Hey, whats up guys?
    Im visiting L.A for about a week in May to train at 10th planet HQ.
    Any nearby hotels within walking distance from HQ?
    Thanks

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Look at something on Santa Monica Blvd and take the bus to the gym. There's a bus stop around the corner.
    But just to warn you Hostels and hotels in the area are just TERRIBLE. That being said you're just staying for a week so you'll be fine!

Array

School
    Stavanger MMA
    Thanks for the tip,man.
    I was thinking of a hotel cus Im not on a supertight budget. I have no clue about the public transport system, and would like to not rent a car while Im there.
    So the bus would be great.

Ideally I would like to stay down at Venice. You think I would be able to get to practice by public transport, say within an hour-90 minutes?
    Thanks again for the heads up.

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    welcome!!!!!

you got any questions about drop ins
    or anything email eddie

twisterbravo@sbcglobal.net

also you want to drill im up for it too

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn View Post
    Thanks for the tip,man.
    I was thinking of a hotel cus Im not on a supertight budget. I have no clue about the public transport system, and would like to not rent a car while Im there.
    So the bus would be great.

Ideally I would like to stay down at Venice. You think I would be able to get to practice by public transport, say within an hour-90 minutes?
    Thanks again for the heads up.
    venice is far dude really far

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I was staying at a friend's in Venice. Took us around 30-40 minutes by car. I don't even want to know how long it would take you by bus. It's way too far. Plus you'll end up surrounded by crazies after night training. The previous year I was staying in a dorm style housing shit hole on Santa Monica Blvd near the Wholefoods store. It was taking me 10-20 minutes by bus to get there! And it's really not that far in comparison.
    Good tip for the bus. Don't make eye contacts and put some earphones on LOL Buses in L.A are full of crazies! I once sat next to a guy that was having a phone conversation... well that's what I thought until I realized that his phone was his hand! Shit like that on a daily basis LOL
    May the force be with you! Be safe and be smart!

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    Quote Originally Posted by John Alighieri View Post
    I was staying at a friend's in Venice. Took us around 30-40 minutes by car. I don't even want to know how long it would take you by bus. It's way too far. Plus you'll end up surrounded by crazies after night training. The previous year I was staying in a dorm style housing shit hole on Santa Monica Blvd near the Wholefoods store. It was taking me 10-20 minutes by bus to get there! And it's really not that far in comparison.
    Good tip for the bus. Don't make eye contacts and put some earphones on LOL Buses in L.A are full of crazies! I once sat next to a guy that was having a phone conversation... well that's what I thought until I realized that his phone was his hand! Shit like that on a daily basis LOL
    May the force be with you! Be safe and be smart!
    probally over 2.5 hours for bus
    i took the bus from burbank to el porto beach and it took about 3 hours! lol

and i use to ride the bus from burbank to usc area to visit my old gf
    and its only about 15 miles but took 2 hrs!

Array

School
    Stavanger MMA

I found a public transport planner, and its pretty much a staright rute that should take about an hour, maybe 90 minutes.
    Sounds F#$king crazy, tho! What the hell, I`ll give it a try. Maybe I get lucky and can catch a ride back home. As long as I dont get stabbed, I think it`ll be allright.

Thanks so much for answers. And Im up to drilling any day!

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjørn View Post
    I found a public transport planner, and its pretty much a staright rute that should take about an hour, maybe 90 minutes.
    Sounds F#$king crazy, tho! What the hell, I`ll give it a try. Maybe I get lucky and can catch a ride back home. As long as I dont get stabbed, I think it`ll be allright.

Thanks so much for answers. And Im up to drilling any day!
    maybe on some of the days
    i'll give u ride if u put a lil snaps on the petrol

Array

School
    Stavanger MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    maybe on some of the days
    i'll give u ride if u put a lil snaps on the petrol
    For sure! Man, this board is way better than i expected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast