Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    Gabby has been forced to stop training because she brought home straight F's in school. Shes in danger of failing 10th grade so I shut it down and she is to concentrate full time on her school work. She will also be going to summer school so you wont see her anytime soon. There is more to life than jitz and mma and she needs to understand that. I am assuming she will be back one day but that is entirely up to her...she wont grapple a single day with grades like that. So I also wish you good luck Gab...you now officially have all day to do your homework...no more excuses.
    Not easy to be a good father VJ. I know you're doing what's best for your daughter. I'd do the same thing for my kid if the grades were even C's or B-'s. I'm going to assume the normal reaction of "I hate you" etc, but you're doing the right thing. I'm rooting for Gabby to pull those grades up. The opportunities for people who kick ass above the rest of their peers in the education system are life changing if one takes advantage of them. Good luck to both you and Gabby.

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    Gabby has been forced to stop training because she brought home straight F's in school. Shes in danger of failing 10th grade so I shut it down and she is to concentrate full time on her school work. She will also be going to summer school so you wont see her anytime soon. There is more to life than jitz and mma and she needs to understand that. I am assuming she will be back one day but that is entirely up to her...she wont grapple a single day with grades like that. So I also wish you good luck Gab...you now officially have all day to do your homework...no more excuses.
    EEERRRRRR! Access Denied!!!

Punked on the net by mom. Understandable, but still cooolllld bloooooded.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    VJ your doing the right thing! +10 for being a good dad and teaching your kid how important a good education is!

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    sometimes learning to do many repetitions of a physical technique is easier than the mental repetitions of school work.
    Bravo VJ for helping her understand that school work repetitions are more important than JJ. Let her know the harder it is the more reps her school work needs.

I played college baseball and if I hadn't learned how to balance school and sports in high school I wouldn't have graduated college.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Tough call, but good decision. Remember what Mr. T and Fonzie said about school.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I thought only gang bangers got straight F's, that's incredible.

Vince, how's she doing now? Has she been studying hard lately? Is she giving her school work her best shot now?
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    damn all F's ! that's brutal, i wasn't the best in school but i still got a computer science degree with weed & hard study habbits, an education can really expand your horizons & allow you to meet some really cool people & network with intelligent & successful people. failing 10th grade & not making it to college can really limit your options & chances to support yourself. Gabby's a strong girl so she can certainly bounce back. but that usually leaves weaker girls with Babies, poverty, bordom, & the need to cling on to any dude with a job because they can't support themselves. & in the end, more money = more jiujitsu

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I thought only gang bangers got straight F's, that's incredible.

Vince, how's she doing now? Has she been studying hard lately? Is she giving her school work her best shot now?
    "gangbangers" lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdeye View Post
    F=fun!
    hahahaha!

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Powers View Post
    I laughed extremely hard after seeing this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast