Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul

Inverted Guard and Ryan Hall: I Want to Know More

What do you know about inverted guard and/or Ryan Hall? Any videos and/or articles I should look at?

After watching Ryan Hall videos on youtube, I have found myself being fascinated by him and the inverted guard. I want to know more about it because I think it's sick. I realize that I am only a white belt and I have a lot (A LOT) of other things to learn, but I still think inverted guard is worthy of being studied, especially if I have the motivation to struggle to get good at it and add it to my game.

Array

School
    Jigsaw Martial Arts - Edmonton
    i know he has a few dvd's out.... one about triangle and one about 50/50 guard and a whole bunch of leg locks e.t.c but this is probably worth a look i've added it to my wishlist http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...48&cat=&page=1

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Check out Cobrinha too. His inverted guard is sick
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    [QUOTE=Brent Smith;62427]Check out Cobrinha too. His inverted guard is sick[/QUOTE

Okay yeah I will. I have already just a little but I will dig deeper on Cobrinha.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Cobrinhas inverted de la Riva guard is something to be in awe of. If you dont know it, get his dvd and check it out

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Orlando
    Cobrinha BJJ 7 Volume DVD Set Rubens Charles has Inverted Guard

Okay yeah I will. I have already just a little but I will dig deeper on Cobrinha.

Array

School
    none
    been on my 50 50 game as of late, and i must say its definitely something you wanna be familiar with.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    The 50/50 is legit but I like the control of the leg knot better
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    none
    i dont think control is so much of an issue once you master the position, but leg knot is definitely less dangerous by far. i wish i had some sambo skill but i really don't know where to go for that haha im super awkward getting to the knot....was like "meh" ill get down on some fiddy fiddy. Maybe i gotta fly north, hit up Herzog. Any suggestions Mr. Smith? trying to up my leg/overall game

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Herzog is def the man. Ive learned alot of leglock stuff from the Bodycomb dvd I have. Not as good as live instruction but its the best ive got in Medford OR.
    #10thplanetFREAKS