Array

School
    Hard Knox Combat Club

Rubber Guard Calf Pains

Hi All,

I began using Rubber Guard fairly often back in March as that is when I finally got my flexibility to the point where I could use it effectively. Since I began using it there a pain has been developing in my left leg where my calf connects with my opponents neck. I have been pushing through the pain and squeezing my opponents but as of late the pain is becoming unbearable. There is no bruise or any visible sign of damage.

Yesterday, I had a guy in Retard Control he began to try to Posture up and the pain hit me. I release my Rubber Guard and he passed. After a short battle I went into Dog Fight(Not Perfect). Just the pressure from me trapping his leg had me hurting.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, do they eventually numb up like your shins? Or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Prob just give it some rest. Maybe work some weak side rg or flying chill dog. Then your calf is in contact in a different spot. Ive had this happen but dont remember it lasting long.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    So its the back of your calf? I've had similar but it just went away with time, I put it down to a muscle strain

Array

School
    Hard Knox Combat Club
    Thanks guys

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Hows it feeling?
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Hard Knox Combat Club
    Yesterday I worked weak side. A few times I would use my strong side after being taken down out of instinct but quickly switched when I felt the pain. So I kept pressure off of it most of the time. Today I can push on it and still fill pain but it's not nearly as bad. You guys were right, I needed to stop trying to push through the pain. I train nearly everyday so I guess it never had time to heal.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Good
    #10thplanetFREAKS