• Gracie

19 54.29%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    Quote Originally Posted by Emir Mehovic View Post
    No, The "gracie challenge" started with Carlos Gracie in the early 1920's
    my bad I was just going by what their website said. do you know when they came to America?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I dunno. Bruce was pretty quick. I doubt the gracie pushkick stomp would have gotten them very close without getting peppered. Plus I think he would have bit em..literally
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Look, Bruce probably would have lost the 1st time, but we don't know Bruce's ground game because he never had to fight anyone with a ground game. He could have been a master but never had to show it, It's very possible. But He only fought stand up fighters. Even if he lost though, do think he would just retreat into a shell and hide? No way! Bruce was very open minded and I believe if he did lose, he would study the effing shit out of what beat him and make it even better then anyone could have imagined and included it into his own unique style. Best martial art = All styles + the Athlete enacting it. Be water my friends.

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    Bruce would have pulled an Eddie Bravo and took of the gi.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Brown View Post
    Look, Bruce probably would have lost the 1st time, but we don't know Bruce's ground game because he never had to fight anyone with a ground game. He could have been a master but never had to show it, It's very possible. But He only fought stand up fighters. Even if he lost though, do think he would just retreat into a shell and hide? No way! Bruce was very open minded and I believe if he did lose, he would study the effing shit out of what beat him and make it even better then anyone could have imagined and included it into his own unique style. Best martial art = All styles + the Athlete enacting it. Be water my friends.
    I belive Bruce fought Gene Lebell who is like a judo master Gene was also supposed to fight/grapple Rickson Gracie but Gene was almost 60 at the time, he said it wouldent be fair since Rickson was much younger than him than he requested to instead grapple with Helio Gracie who was closer in age to him. When confronted with this reply, the Gracies accepted the challenge on the condition that Gene Lebell drop down to the 140 pound weight class of the 80-year old Helio Gracie. At that point, Gene Lebell allegedly backed out of both the original challenge and his own counterchallenge because he was around 200 pounds and could never make it down to 140 pounds.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    I hope this is just a joke right? The Gracie's are good, I'd even go as far as saying great. But they are no Bruce Lee. Bruce did have ground game, and if you read some of his books he does incorporate some take down defense and ground game. Bruce could hit you from six feet away in less than a fraction of a second. He would have had the Gracie's spinning like a top trying to find him. They had to slow down some of his films so that viewers could see and appreciate some of his mastery. That on top of his dedication to fighting as a whole, he was a complete martial artist by every sense of the words.... and his physical attributes were nothing short of astonishing. That being said, if a Gracie did happen to get him down and into a dominate position, they probably would have broken about 2 or 3 bones trying to do it. Therefore he would have had a advantage there also. Now with all that being said, we will never know for sure who would have won. We can only speculate and dream of such a match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Crayon View Post
    I hope this is just a joke right? The Gracie's are good, I'd even go as far as saying great. But they are no Bruce Lee. Bruce did have ground game, and if you read some of his books he does incorporate some take down defense and ground game. Bruce could hit you from six feet away in less than a fraction of a second. He would have had the Gracie's spinning like a top trying to find him. They had to slow down some of his films so that viewers could see and appreciate some of his mastery. That on top of his dedication to fighting as a whole, he was a complete martial artist by every sense of the words.... and his physical attributes were nothing short of astonishing. That being said, if a Gracie did happen to get him down and into a dominate position, they probably would have broken about 2 or 3 bones trying to do it. Therefore he would have had a advantage there also. Now with all that being said, we will never know for sure who would have won. We can only speculate and dream of such a match up.
    just because someone has a ground game, doesn't mean it's good. I've rolled with plenty Judo BB's and unless they've trained BJJ, it's childs play with them.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jacksonville
    Quote Originally Posted by JusLove View Post
    just because someone has a ground game, doesn't mean it's good. I've rolled with plenty Judo BB's and unless they've trained BJJ, it's childs play with them.
    What Judo BB have you rolled with and it was "Childs play"? seems kinda fishy, cause I my Judo school we all roll on the ground too (Ne Waza) as well as Randori , since Judo also incorporated ground fighting as soon as the Kodokan got spanked by the Fusen Ryu school. Just curious.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Brown View Post
    What Judo BB have you rolled with and it was "Childs play"? seems kinda fishy, cause I my Judo school we all roll on the ground too (Ne Waza) as well as Randori , since Judo also incorporated ground fighting as soon as the Kodokan got spanked by the Fusen Ryu school. Just curious.
    I belive that Bruce Lee was a judo black belt under one of the best-Gene Lebell... Just saying.

Array

School
    Salem
    This is all speculation guys haha. I think as long as it was on the stand up anyone facing Bruce would be at a huge disadvantage. Thats all I was saying in regards to whomever quoted me. But reading what they wrote it seems they are hoping to spark a debate. Seems they got it. ;P

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast