Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bruce Lee

16 45.71%
  • Gracie

19 54.29%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Brown View Post
    What Judo BB have you rolled with and it was "Childs play"? seems kinda fishy, cause I my Judo school we all roll on the ground too (Ne Waza) as well as Randori , since Judo also incorporated ground fighting as soon as the Kodokan got spanked by the Fusen Ryu school. Just curious.
    I've rolled with 2 Blacks. One of the blacks was an older japanese woman and she wasn't even BJJ blue belt caliber technique wise and she was small, besides being relentless in her attack, there was no threat. The other black belt is a long time friend of mine and he's a blue belt in BJJ but mostly because he's ridiculously strong. I'm not going to say their names for their sake. Both of them can toss me around with their eyes closed (maybe not the lady) but once it's on the ground, it's my turn. Believe me or not, doesn't matter to me.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    It's all speculation, and I am a HUGE Bruce Lee fan and I'll put myself out there and say this. If Bruce fought any BB Gracie his weight class, yes he would have tagged the Gracie BB with a few strikes, but Bruce's focus was definitely not ground game oriented and once taken down, would have been controlled then submitted. It actually doesn't hurt me to say that, because I know that with Bruce's philosophy of "use what works" he would have had his eyes wide open to the Brazilian ground game would have become a BJJ fanatic. I'll even go as far to speculate that he would have pulled a BJ Penn and got his BB under a Gracie school in 3 years. That's one of the things that made Bruce so amazing. He was a methodical and relentless machine when it came to training, and we all know what that translates to when training jiu jitsu, which is pure, unadulterated, awesomeness. There seriously should be a Bruce Lee memorial day in the martial arts community.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Emir Mehovic View Post
    I belive that Bruce Lee was a judo black belt under one of the best-Gene Lebell... Just saying.
    Bruce Lee was NOT a Judo Blackbelt! He trained a little with Gene Lebell.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Bruce Lee was NOT a Judo Blackbelt! He trained a little with Gene Lebell.
    No, he was!

Array

School
    10th Planet Charlotte
    Bruce lee would have been really good at making the gracie's play his game (stand up). gsp vs. shields? gsp made shields play the stand up game granted he knew jj as well and how to defend it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank W. Zellers View Post
    Bruce lee would have been really good at making the gracie's play his game (stand up). gsp vs. shields? gsp made shields play the stand up game granted he knew jj as well and how to defend it.
    Well Bruce was verry fast and strong and a judo black belt where as takedowns were and are not the gracies specialties so perhaps he would of avoided getting taken down!?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    No, he was!
    Prove it......Bruce wasn't a blackbelt in judo !

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch...p/t-14637.html i also have heared shannon lee say it in a video.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/arch...p/t-14637.html i also have heared shannon lee say it in a video.
    What a joke! There some other dumb asses talking about things they don't know! Great fact checking!!!! Wait you started a post #15 saying "I believe Bruce Fought Gene Lebell" by Post #19 "I believe that Bruce Lee was a judo BB under one of the best Gene Lebell". Facts count. Bruce Lee was never a Judo Black Belt. He trained with Gene Lebell a little bit....

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    What a joke! There some other dumb asses talking about things they don't know! Great fact checking!!!! Wait you started a post #15 saying "I believe Bruce Fought Gene Lebell" by Post #19 "I believe that Bruce Lee was a judo BB under one of the best Gene Lebell". Facts count. Bruce Lee was never a Judo Black Belt. He trained with Gene Lebell a little bit....
    alright you just called lee's daughter a liar. But whatever im done arguing.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast