Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Berimbolo

Array

School
    Salt Lake Grappling Club
    This Miyao vs. Jackson Souza match is interesting for Miyao's use of the overhook arm to grab his own thigh and how close he comes to getting the back of Souza multiple times.

But, it seems like even though Miyao is coming close to getting the back, Souza is also escaping that possibility fairly easily by just standing up and pulling his leg free at the last second. I'm not sure if what we are seeing is more like guys getting closer and closer to doing a double back flip in motocross and once once one guy does it consistently in high level competition, everyone will be able to do it consistently; or if it is a "close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades" type situation and this is a move that is just too easy to escape at the last second in no-gi.

Here's the min:sec of some of the highlights for people who don't want to watch all 9:25.

Miyao's inversions to avoid the pass at roughly 1:30 and 2:30 are nice. At 3:47 he starts grabbing his thigh with the overhook on the DLH'd leg. At 6:00 he does it again,gets his opponent in the seated position, and is almost successful. At 8:05 he comes close to getting the berimbolo to the back but his opponent (Jackson Souza) stands up and wins the match.

nice breakdown Jack, I was hoping someone would do that

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    Fascinating match. Was there much at stake in that match? Money I mean?

Array

School
    NO 10TH PLANET WHERE I LIVE
    thanx for this reminder......

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Elliott View Post
    Eddie,

We gotta work this into the system. Outside leg rolling. This is the shit Rafa will be using come ADCC.

Berimbolo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHikS...eature=related

Array

School
    Mendes Bros - Art of Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Mendes Bros and Miyao Bros Berimbolo seminar

DATE: SATURDAY MAY 18TH
    9AM-12PM

OPEN FOR ALL ACADEMIES

AOJ MEMBERS $80
    NON MEMBERS $120
    LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE