Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Paternoster View Post
    Alright Don, I know where you are coming from. I'll give you a little bit about myself. I'm 22 years old, I'm from a small city in MI, small hick town farming community. When I was 18 years old I up and left everything I knew after I graduated and moved to the big city of New Orleans. I lived there for about 6 months, then moved backed home because I was young and moved 20 hours away from everything I knew and loved. Fast forward 2 years, its December 2009, I'm a 20 year old kid who just got kicked out of college and kicked out of my house. I had only one option and that was to move back down to New Orleans to live with my brother. Now I tell you this because in the December 2011 it will be 2 years that I have lived here and in that two years I've here I'm finally back on the track I would of been in when I lived here when I was 18. Judging from your profile pic your a pretty young dude, and you just got a promotion in a job, mind you in a suffering economy, that's means your doing something right. What I have learned is you cant take anything from granted, by the sounds of you have been given a great opportunity and you need to run with it. The way I look at your only 3 hours away from home. You can visit at any time you please. Also your moving is allowing you to keep doing what you love by having a 10th planet in the city your moving too and that my friend is great. As far as jiu jitsu goes man, you just got to stay at it and show it the love it shows each and every one of us. Don't worry about being the best, worry about being the best you can be, and it will all come to you. Take the job, move, and train jiu jitsu. Life is all about the experience, you don't want to look back 10 years from now, saying I should of went and took that promotion and not passed it up. It's all better to say at least you tried it, then just passing it up. Just my two cents, hope it helps out! Good look man.
    Thats a good point. Thanx that helped a lot. leaving your friends and girlfriend behind is hard to do. i know its only 3 hours away but when you work 5 and 6 days a week you sort of just want to rest on that last day not go 150 miles for a few hours to see them. and then eventually you grow distant from them and they become a part of your memory. it has to be for the good. Ive often pondered joining the airforce. constantly on the move and traveling.

K Madden

Quote Originally Posted by Don Blankenship View Post
    Thats a good point. Thanx that helped a lot. leaving your friends and girlfriend behind is hard to do. i know its only 3 hours away but when you work 5 and 6 days a week you sort of just want to rest on that last day not go 150 miles for a few hours to see them. and then eventually you grow distant from them and they become a part of your memory. it has to be for the good. Ive often pondered joining the airforce. constantly on the move and traveling.
    oh no no no no no!
    only a small bit of Air Force actually travels much.
    only 2% fly planes (or are in them AT ALL)

that scares me when people think that. its usually 4-6 years at one place. rarely RARELY overseas. 15% is the last number i heard...and this is every place (or close) where you can go.

note- take away the middle east, and that map isnt so nice....and THATS where most people go "overseas"
    take away new zealand, canada, and Australia or South America...because i dont know ONE person "Stationed" at any of those...and that map looks even worse. its either europe, japan or US.
    Last edited by K Madden; 07-26-2011 at 11:24 PM.

Array

School
    NA
    moving can be a great thing. it can be a reset. the more time you spend away from people you care about, you'll cherish the time spent together when you do see them. i had a steady job and moved away to finish college. it was a great decision. you will miss your friends and family, but change is innevitable. everyone individual has their own agenda so find yours.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Culbertson View Post
    Move to Phoenix. Imma be there soon.
    Can't wait !!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Every year I fly from New Zealand to train at Legends lol 16 fucking hours and I'm scared shitless of flying thanks to "air crash investigation" on Discovery lol You can deal with a bit of driving if you don't wanna relocate. With some friends we used to go to Mammoth nearly every weekend while I was in L.A that's something like 4-5 hours driving. If there's a will there's a way!
    Last edited by John Alighieri; 07-27-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Its 3 fucking hours away you momo, suck it up, you can drive and see your friends and training partners on the weekends.
    Zog, I just realized something. You have potential to be the bad boy motivational speaker version of this guy....

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    Don "Stream of Consciousness" Blankenship

Array

School
    10th planet headquarters
    I moved from ny to la hard move in the beginning, but learned it was the best thing to happen to me. I think change is good it puts you outside your comfort zone so you can rise to the occasion.

bro you have enough adhd you probably won't even notice you've moved until you're there at least 6 months. and zog for all us non new yorkahs what the f is a momo?

this thread is older than richard nixon. i already moved.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast