Array

School
    Pure MMA + NextGen Liverpool

50 Cent to twister roll question

Recently, when rolling, I attempted the 50cent from half guard. I tried to switch my hooks at the end of the roll so I could work to take my opponents back. He prevented me from switching my hooks by keeping my inside leg wrapped between his legs.

From here, I hooked his top leg and tried a twister roll to the truck. It worked, but when I was thinking about this movement again, I started to wonder if he could have taken my back as I started the roll.

Array

School
    blank
    hmm.. i'm having a tough time visualizing that. i assume you don't have any footage of anything similar, non?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Stuart View Post
    Recently, when rolling, I attempted the 50cent from half guard. I tried to switch my hooks at the end of the roll so I could work to take my opponents back. He prevented me from switching my hooks by keeping my inside leg wrapped between his legs.

From here, I hooked his top leg and tried a twister roll to the truck. It worked, but when I was thinking about this movement again, I started to wonder if he could have taken my back as I started the roll.
    I think your mixing up some terminology. The 25 Cent is a side control escape to Lockdown (Half Guard).
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 08-01-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Phoenix
    25 cent ?? I think you guys mean 25 cent from side control not 50 cent
    Last edited by john botello; 08-02-2011 at 01:12 AM.