Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet

Training with Injury

So last night during a drill, a rather new individual with submission/wrestling experience at practice was trying to execute a technique. The technique happened to be spinning for a knee bar when in half guard.. He was trying to execute the move really quick during the drill, and I told him to get through the movement and to just slow it down a bit..

Shortly after that caught a knee over the eye and split my eyebrow open.. Just my fuckin luck..

Now to my question.

the dr. used dermabond and did a good job of patching me up, about how long do u think i should chill before training again. I really wanna get back on the mat as soon as possible... this suuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!!

Any advice would be great

You should ask the doctor that patched you up

just be cool ask the doctor like sievereb said. hey may have to take a few weeks off. just be careful and tap when neccessary. be good and just be good out there when you have to b eeee. be good man.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthias Sieber View Post
    You should ask the doctor that patched you up
    +1

That's the worst, catching a knee in the face.

Array

School
    Unafiliated gyms
    I'd still train other things and all but not grappling and I'd say it should healed in 2 weeks at least depending on how deep to ripped but I'm also not a doctor but I'm getting this from a nurse hey hope that heals for ya Bruce

Array

School
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu & 10th Planet
    Thanks! Hey Dr. told me rest it, but I can't sit around for two weeks.

I'm hoping to see if I can at least get someone to "LIGHTYLY" drill positions and stuff.

thanks again.

Landon DuMar

Be careful do what you can, even if it's just going to watch class. Keeping your mind active can make a big difference even if you can't train.