Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Roy dean's shit is slick
    Reily Bodycomb has an awesome No Gi Sambo leg lock dvd
    +1 on Jeff Glover

Ryan Hall's Triangle DVD is really good, I just can't stand him enough to get all the way through his deep half DVD. He blinks too much, say's "please" about 100 times in every DVD, and worst of all he talks shit about the Rubber Guard. So if that doesn't bother you, than check it out.

And of course Mastering the Rubber Guard is dope!

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ
    "LOL. I'm a different breed my man. I know about torrents, but I actually like to support the good men who try to make a living off of this. I'd rather steal from a walmart before I steal from hard working men. After a years of hard work, competing, injuries, etc, the least I can do is contribute to their dream of making a living off doing what they love. I know if I were in their position, I wouldn't want anyone to torrent my stuff. I'm the same way when it comes to good underground music"

+1
    I agree for all the knowledge these guys pass on in their videos the least we can do
    is pay for their hard work.
    Last edited by Jason 'J-Faz' Farren; 08-13-2011 at 06:18 AM. Reason: changes needed

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Lopez Alvarez View Post
    Ryan Hall's Triangle DVD is really good, I just can't stand him enough to get all the way through his deep half DVD. He blinks too much, say's "please" about 100 times in every DVD, and worst of all he talks shit about the Rubber Guard. So if that doesn't bother you, than check it out.
    I was wondering if Ryan Hall had beef with 10th Planet or not. I hope he and Denny face each other in Abu Dhabi.

Array

School
    Lincoln Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Center
    He doesn't say anything negative about Eddie or Rubber Guard specifically in those dvds. He discusses his changed grappling philosophy and observes the structural strength of your legs at different angles. If that insults you then you're butthurt. If you don't like him because he blinks then you're a retard and don't bother looking into JJ Machado's dvds either because you might not like his hand.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Hall doesnt say anything directly negative, but he has said some stuff that has a passive aggressive sound to it that seems directed toward rubber guard people. Stuff like flexibility shouldn't be used in place of good positioning or people shouldnt be tought to be in the habit of laying flat on their back. Maybe people are going into the 50/50 gym with bad beginner rubber guard habits and he might be attaching those habits as regular parts of the system. I forget which dvds he says stuff in exactly but i do remember the passive aggressiveness

Be careful making fun of Ryan Halls Tourette syndrome, he might sneak up on you on the street and heel-hook you.
    Last edited by Sean Marshall; 08-13-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    obviously, i am gonna recommend eddie's stuff. but there is a lot of other great material out there, too.

i highly recommend ryan hall's triangle series and his back attack series above his other stuff. those have both been very impacting on my game.

i love damien maia's science of jiu jitsu series as well.

my favorite right now is marcelo's new game jiu jitsu. it has a TON of material on his omoplata game, as well as his guillotine choke series and his crucifix game.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Gammel View Post
    He doesn't say anything negative about Eddie or Rubber Guard specifically in those dvds. He discusses his changed grappling philosophy and observes the structural strength of your legs at different angles. If that insults you then you're butthurt. If you don't like him because he blinks then you're a retard and don't bother looking into JJ Machado's dvds either because you might not like his hand.
    I'm not a retard and I'm entitled to my opinion. There is no question Ryan is an excellent grappler. I just happen to find him terribly annoying.

I actually think JJ Machado is bad ass and I aspire to be as good a grappler as he is one day. That fact that he's accomplished so much with his deformity is inspiring to me. In fact, it reminds me of my aunt whose right arm was run over by a car when she was six years old, yet she still has managed to successfully live her life. She drives a stick shift, plays tennis, and so many other things that many would find difficult to do in her situation. So don't worry, I enjoy watching JJ's DVD's. Thanks though.

Maybe the one "but hurt" here is you, since you call ppl you don't know shit about retards on an jiu jitsu forum.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    i love damien maia's science of jiu jitsu series as well.
    +1

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Splurge.. go fancy, go big.. save the practical DVDs for a birthday present.

Array

School
    Inactive
    The Caio Terra 101 dvd is really good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast