Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gaby garcia

Agreed, leave her be not her fault the competition lacked the finesse to match her size. if shes truly a blue belt it doesn't say much in regards to the black belts she competed against. Surely a flying arm bar, a leg lock anything should be with in the reach of a black belt to pull on a blue. The women where aware of her presence in advance, they should have adjusted there game to compensate. Wake up call to the current state of womens black belts in ADCC i guess.

Array

School
    blank
    i'm pretty sure she is a black belt

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals

Gabi Garcie receiving her black belt
    on the podium of the mundials

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    I said Blue belt figuratively, and even then I thought I was being charitable. Gabi Garcia gives the Americana a bad name. She hunts for that move regardless of what her opponent is doing because she knows she's strong enough to overpower them even when they are defending properly. Yes, it is embarrassing to see black belts lose to a goon, and it calls their rank into question. But just because they look bad doesn't mean Gabi Garcia looks skilled or technical.

Don't misunderstand me: I'm not attacking her for her looks or her size per se. If we give her the benefit of the doubt, these are genetic factors beyond her control. But her performance belies a lack of technical jiu-jitsu and an over-reliance on those physical gifts. That is not what jiu-jitsu is about, and the fact that she's a black belt suggests to me that women's BJJ has a long way to go before it achieves technical parity with men's BJJ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12