Thread: burnt out

Array

School
    Team Endurance

burnt out

anyone ever get burnt out on the gym? Im feeling in a slump and have no energy at all... i just wanna sit on the couch and eat pizza.... gym 6 days a week 2 hours a day and work 50 hours a week.... just life I guess. Should be thankful.... anyone have any good ideas to recharge batteries?

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Occasionally I'll feel like that after work before the gym but if I can just push myself to make it there I never regret it. Also taking a week or two off will probably make you start wanting to get back on the mat so maybe not a bad thing but at the same time every time I push through a "burnt out" phase I emerge with ridiculous amounts of game.

Give yourself that extra day to rest. If it seems like it's doing more bad than good going to the gym mentally exhausted, then give yourself that extra day off. The second going to the gym isn't fun anymore, is when you know it's time to rest or maybe even reevaluate your goal for BJJ. If it's to be a competitive, then pushing through those bad nights might be the right thing to do but if it's just a hobby, then keep it fun and simple.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I would train monday, wednesday friday and Saturday if I was getting burnt. Staggering rest days in between train days is huge
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie