Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Array

School
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    lockdown is pretty awesome if you polish it up. i mean ive rolled a few browns n some blacks that knew the lockdown and speed got me through my transitions. idk if anyone else is working it like this but when i get the lockdown i go super turbo ninja power level 9000 haha n blast through the transitions. whether im goin electric chair, dog fight, or the butterfly route. im always tossin them around. im a pretty small guy and it works for me, even on larger guys, so its not like it couldnt work for anyone else, but to each his own.
    I'll +1 Sean's shit for real. I'm 200 lbs. and have been grappling many years more, but this kid went all spidermonkey on me! Seriously though, Sean simply negated my technique with a fury of speed and technique that left me looking foolish on the mat in Alabama. Props bro, props!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I'm down for any half guard that produces offense, high percentage sweeps. If the lockdown aint working for your sweep game, please feel free to post your go 2 sweeps here, share with us, don't be stingy
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Dustin C.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I'm down for any half guard that produces offense, high percentage sweeps. If the lockdown aint working for your sweep game, please feel free to post your go 2 sweeps here, share with us, don't be stingy
    ^^ This is why 10PJJ will always evolve for the good of JJ

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Thanks Tony, it means alot from someone who's been at it a while. I appreciate u helping me out that too.

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Everyone at my spot knows of lockdown, only 1 or two actually use it but to fuck w/ them i've been going deep half when they post a foot up slip my head under their leg at that point switch to lockdown it jacks w/ my elec. setup (ithink it's a karate place so some are mad flex) but i end up in stoner c.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha/ SIMS Martial Arts Academy
    Just a different perspective here. But i think the majority of people who are having troubles with the lock down especially at the beginner level have not mastered whipping up to their side. Being flattened out is something common i see because i think people get to anxious about locking down the leg as tight as possible and the lose focus of the ultimate goal which is getting double unders and being on your side. Sometimes you have to sacrifice the lock down to fight to get the double unders then you can go back to the lock down to aid in your sweep/passes.

just like rubber guard, sometimes you hip bump from regular guard to get the hand to the mat and skip to a new york. Its ok to jump around in the path using old school techs. Just my 2 cents though

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Stewart View Post
    Just a different perspective here. But i think the majority of people who are having troubles with the lock down especially at the beginner level have not mastered whipping up to their side. Being flattened out is something common i see because i think people get to anxious about locking down the leg as tight as possible and the lose focus of the ultimate goal which is getting double unders and being on your side. Sometimes you have to sacrifice the lock down to fight to get the double unders then you can go back to the lock down to aid in your sweep/passes.

just like rubber guard, sometimes you hip bump from regular guard to get the hand to the mat and skip to a new york. Its ok to jump around in the path using old school techs. Just my 2 cents though
    You only have 183 posts on the forums what do u know...

Array

School
    Great falls Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    +1 dont get up to your elbow....bad idea I promise it wont end well.
    This is great advice.

Array

School
    Dynamic MMA Vancouver BC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Stager View Post
    So, when you guys are rolling against opponents who are hip to the lockdown game, do you avoid it entirely, or do you still try it and see if you can make something happen before transitioning to something else?

I suppose there's always the stomp to butterfly transition if you've got the overhook, but have you guys ever gotten the double underhooks and the guy on top uses shoulder pressure on the neck to keep you from getting to your side?

Take what he is giving you. All your guards should flow into one another seamlessly. Have Lockdown as your specialty but Definitely focus more on the other guards if you want to be competitive with higher ranks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345