Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Darkside (Gainesville, FL)/Gracie Barra Clearwater

Reppin' 10th Planet at Gracie Barra

Bout to go to open mat at my original Gracie Barra school with my nice new shiny 10th Planet rashguard let's see how many people talk shit >.<

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    It shouldn't even be like that. My gym is under Helio Soneca who is a founding member of Gracie Barra from Brazil. We rep the shit out of 10th Planet at my school but everyone is cool with it because we are respectful. If gone about the right way, 10th Planet people can co-exist with 95% of other schools. Just don't be the guy not doing technique properly making the rashguard look bad.

Array

School
    I know it shouldn't be like that... but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be. There's a lot of gi fundamentalists at this school. As far as making the rashguard look good, my face does that enough to compensate for any technique I may lack : )

going in with that attitude won't help. there is no us vs. them. it's all jiu jitsu. also, just because someone trains in the gi, doesn't mean they only train the basics. the gi game is evolving just as much as no gi. when you go to a gym, they are your training "partners", not competition. they are there to help you and themselves get better.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Exactly, you have to make them see it's all just grappling and not some propaganda us vs them.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    How did it go Tremper? Everyone cool?
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Lol I was just messing around... I don't have a bad attitude. But everyone was friendly. Only one person would roll without the gi though, and the brown belt that was there had fun working me in the gi (I don't have anything against it--unless you're trying to say that you should train gi for MMA or something along those lines, I just enjoy no-gi way more) That's the most frustrating part to me, and I know it's just because they don't like having the playing field more even. Now to get ready for competition!

Array

School
    Morning Star Jiu Jitsu - Denver
    I train at a Gracie Barra school 2 days a week and everyone there is cool shit. The instructor even shows me the NOGI variation of all the techniques we work on.
    Tim Gillette | Owner/Instructor
    Morning Star Jiu Jitsu - Denver
    www.MorningStarJJ.com
    info@MorningStarJJ.com
    720-917-4014

Array

School
    ^That's awesome. When I was training there there was two no gi classes every week. They were taught by the same brown belt that was working me last night. Now they don't even have those so whenever I come home it's either gi or no jits or drive 45 mins to Tampa and even then they only have no gi a couple of times a week. Whateva though I'm graduating at the end of this semester and then possibly moving out to Cali.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Orlando Hotbox has Gracie Barra members. They're very cool and very talented. They've even repped 10th Planet when Marcio Simas was around. I think Jiu Jitsu has come to the point where they need all jiu jitsu to continue success in mma. If not, the pure BJJ practitioner will not survive. We need more Jacare's and being open minded to nogi is a must. Eddie is a pioneer and his skill is becoming more respected, even if they don't believe in his personal decisions. Now if we can only catch Marcelo smoking that shit Superman did, before rising from the grave.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast