Array

School
    RONIN

Half Guard to a Carni

June of 2010 I got to meet Eddie Bravo for the first time. It was an amazing experience being at HQ and learning from him. Watching him roll, I found a neat setup he used often and since adpeted it and crushed plp with it. I haven't seen him teach this setup yet and would like to share it with you all.
    Eddie pulls half guard with his right leg shooting between the legs. Left leg is on the outside. When he is unable to obtain the lockdown, he uses his pimp arm (right arm) to push the left leg out on his opponent. This allows him to bring his right leg back in and put it in front of his opponents left leg. At the same time he has already started swinging his left leg over and in front of his opponents shoulder and face. Then he straightens the right leg behind the opponents left knee and graps his right arm and bends it upward (kimura style) for a fast finish.
    Hope you all enjoy this little setup from half guard. I sure love it. Forgive me for giving away your little secrets Eddie, but this one is too good to keep in the bag.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Any chance for a video demonstration?

Array

School
    RONIN
    I would love to post a video. It will have to be ran thru Eddie first though.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I'm pretty sure its on a MTS? or maybe I saw Eddie teach it at a seminar, hard to remember, it all blends together.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th planet Peterborough
    I think it is MTS as well... I know I do it lol ... As Zog send its a blur as to where I picked it up ...
    Stewart Landry
    Head Instructor 10th Planet Peterborough

Array

School
    On the search
    MTS 8 maybe? Like a Marcelo 3 Pass but from the bottom?

Array

School
    Easton
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...-Episode-Guide

The carni is explained twice during the series. Also when Eddie rolls with students you can see it in action. (I think episode 3...at least he gets a hazelett sort of thing while holding someones foot.)

Array

School
    Great falls Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    I will be trying this tonight!!!

Array

School
    RONIN
    Yes the carni is explained in MTS and yes I was actually in MTS 8 when they shot it, but that is from a different pass. I'm talking about pulling half guard and bouncing out to the carni. Have yet to see Eddie teach it, but watched him use it with perfection. Pulling half guard and then reversing directions to a flying kung fu straight to carni.