Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

Whats your biggest weakness in JJ?

obviously you dont have to answer if you are an active competitor who doesnt want to give people any tips on how to beat you.. buut.. if youre like me, and losing doesnt really bother you.. Feel free to share some of your weak points in your game..

Mine is breaking/passing full guard, and regular side control. Judo-side and twister side are fine, but i always have a hard time working submissions from regular side control. Even when i stay tight, i just always have to transition to prevent them from getting into a better position. (maybe because I'm only 135, maybe because my technique just isnt good yet).

So now, your turn.. which areas of your game would you like to see the most improvement?

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    which areas of your game would you like to see the most improvement?
    Great question and interesting thread Mr. Chronic. I'd like to simply see higher %'s of success in my sub attempts and transitions. The most specific thing I can think of right now are breaking people's posture to get into mission control and not losing the position *people pull out* during kung fu move when I can't double bag because their torso is too wide and also not losing position when in chill dog and/or crackhead control. I'm pretty sure it's a leg squeeze thing.

Array

School
    Jigsaw Martial Arts - Edmonton
    Mine is being smothered by stronger and heavier opponents!!! I have been working on keeping my entire body relaxed and flowing between movements as apposed to trying to meet their strength...but being caught underneath somebody and not being able to advance my position i would say is my biggest weakness!!

But to counteract my biggest strength has become to read submissions faster and start working on the defence to a move a second or so faster than the opponent applying the move which is leaving openings for sweeps e.t.c...which is great for unlimited time rolls but for 5 minute competition i need to fix the top area!

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    cardio

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    cardio
    ah crap.. i forgot that one.. I have the worst cardio in the world. Im good for maybe 4 minutes of hard rolling.. after that.. youre going to see a lot of stalling on my behalf.

Array

School
    Jigsaw Martial Arts - Edmonton
    i think i have developed a pretty good cardio routine for Jitz! - i'm not a fit bloke as you can see i'm starting to get there but i use a simple workout of 5 x 100m bear crawls and then jump on a bike machine set to level 3 and ride at a solid pace for 90 seconds then sprint for 30 whilst simultaneously upping the level 2 notches from where you are and then repeat as many times as you can

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    Breaking full guard and being a small guy at the gym i am usually playing guard never in someone guard!!!lol i been woriking on it by asking peolple if i can start in their guard it sucks....but it a big weekness for almost all small guys

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    Quote Originally Posted by chronic_jiujitsu View Post
    obviously you dont have to answer if you are an active competitor who doesnt want to give people any tips on how to beat you.. buut.. if youre like me, and losing doesnt really bother you.. Feel free to share some of your weak points in your game..

Mine is breaking/passing full guard, and regular side control. Judo-side and twister side are fine, but i always have a hard time working submissions from regular side control. Even when i stay tight, i just always have to transition to prevent them from getting into a better position. (maybe because I'm only 135, maybe because my technique just isnt good yet).

So now, your turn.. which areas of your game would you like to see the most improvement?
    I have the same problem with regular side control Im only 135 as well and when going against someone bigger then me I rarely get Side Control mainly cause I try to stay tight but to be honest its not hard to move 135Ilbs off your chest but I try to use that opportunity to my advantage when they buck and move around I just transition to a more secure position cause its just like any other thing in JJ not everything is gonna work at least not until you work on it , For Example my Master is around 135 also but when I roll with him its like the heaviest 135 Ive ever felt sometimes heavier then people much bigger this just shows me what proper technique can do .So I still practice SC just to one day not have that problem any more

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    My general answer is definitely top game. More specifically, I want to get better at being heavy, slow, and deliberate. I think of what I hate on my back, and it's someone who is just really heavy in the right places, slowly progressing without giving anything. It gets to the point where you don't want to try anything because you feel like you know it will fail. I am lanky, but I want to be that guy. Roger is lanky, Marcelo is little, and Eddie seems to be both. But get them off of you. I feel like the sub percentages, fancy passes, etc will come in time if I can get that first. Position before submission!

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    cardio, side control escape, butterfly guard is passed easy, top position control

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast