Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco

Sweeping from closed guard

I'm really happy with how my lockdown game is progressing, but when I can't sweep from half guard I generally use the Godfather to recover full guard (more often than stomping to butterfly guard).

I'm totally game for developing my submissions from the guard, but my philosophy so far has been to get better at sweeps first (which is why I prefer the omoplata path from rubber guard). Since most 10th Planet guys aren't letting me get to mission control, I wanted to generate some ideas for sweeps from regular closed guard. Please add your own favorites to the list along with vids if you've got em:

- Hip Bump Sweep
    - Flower Sweep (aka pendulum sweep)

I don't know the name for this sweep, but from closed guard with double underhooks, kick your legs down to compromise your opponent's base and slide your guard down around his thighs, figure fouring the legs. From here, you rock them over and assume the mount.

Array

School
    credit to E.Mays & N.Coleman
    100% on mts

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by The kza View Post
    100% on mts
    Is that off a failed hip bump sweep? I can't figure out where Eddie demonstrates 100% from full guard. Most of the setups seem to be from top half.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by David Stager View Post
    Is that off a failed hip bump sweep? I can't figure out where Eddie demonstrates 100% from full guard. Most of the setups seem to be from top half.
    Yes you can get it off a failed hip bump sweep. Usually if they pressure into you. Instead of grabbing the neck for a guilly
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    It sounds like the sweep David Terrell got Lindland with in an old UFC fight, but without figure fouring.

Array

School
    Neil Simkin BJJ
    Not sure of proper name: Scissor sweep?
    I have a fair bit of success with it, whatever its called!

Array

School
    Some food for thought:

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Sweeping from full guard is for BITCHES(now half guard is a different story), what you NEED to do is getcher mutherfuckin hubberguard tight and start SUBBIN' fools...SON. Shit, I get most of my protein these days from eating wrestlers, ya NEED ta get like me.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan_Karam View Post
    Sweeping from full guard is for BITCHES(now half guard is a different story), what you NEED to do is getcher mutherfuckin hubberguard tight and start SUBBIN' fools...SON. Shit, I get most of my protein these days from eating wrestlers, ya NEED ta get like me.
    Pfft. Subs are over-rated. My goal is to be the Jon Fitch of Jiu-Jitsu and out-point the shit out of everyone.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Yes you can get it off a failed hip bump sweep. Usually if they pressure into you. Instead of grabbing the neck for a guilly
    I like this flow too. I sit up, attack the kimura, when they drive into me to block it I wrap my overhook arm around their neck, if they defend the guillotine then I slip it to the underhook for the 100%.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast