Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    yeah I had mildly researched this a while ago, actually a couple of years back and was really fascinated by it. Its amazing come to think about it. I guess being and staying in a positive mind set as much as possible is the way to go. We can take what we want from anything and use it to benefit ourselves I guess. The per of positive thinking and positive influence, once again reigns supreme.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    If you test the blood of a person that has cut weight for a fight before and after they hydrate you will see the same effect. Blood thickens as you dehydrate and thins as you hydrate. The water isn't magical.

If a group prayer's decibel level effects the make up of water then a group of 10th planet trainees should be able to recite Lady Antebellum's - "We Owned the Night" in the same tone and have the same effect. Still, no magic involved.

If a cloud or grilled cheese sandwich appearing to show the face of a man nobody (that is alive) has ever seen is enough to convince a person that man exists, then that person didn't need much convincing.

Array

School
    Seeking
    Still, no magic involved.
    What do you mean by magic? Noone has said anything about "magic", merely "ultra-mundane" things. If this is real then this demonstrates that thoughts and such affect water. It's cool. Noone is saying "therefore Jesus" or something.

If a cloud or grilled cheesIe sandwich appearing to show the face of a man nobody (that is alive) has ever seen is enough to convince a person that man exists, then that person didn't need much convincing.
    Sounds to me that you're the one who needs to look at your pre-suppositions too. Is there anything that could ever convince you that so-called supernatural events have taken place?

Array

School
    10th planet Hotbox Dawsonville :) North Georgia MMA
    Look up ~Abraham-Hicks~Setting Your Vibrational Tone... There's alot of great youtube videos 2.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cowan View Post
    What do you mean by magic? Noone has said anything about "magic", merely "ultra-mundane" things. If this is real then this demonstrates that thoughts and such affect water. It's cool. Noone is saying "therefore Jesus" or something.
    Prayer/Magic - I don't see the difference. Calling on something supernatural to supersede reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cowan View Post
    Sounds to me that you're the one who needs to look at your pre-suppositions too. Is there anything that could ever convince you that so-called supernatural events have taken place?
    I'm sure there is, but I haven't experienced it yet.

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    Theres been quite a handful of studies proving prayers don't work when trying to heal the sick or injured (except to certain theologians who say prayer cannot be tested thought they still try)

I think this just shows on a very small scale what each and every one of our positive or negative impacts on the environment around us can do and even show each of us are gods of our own universes or at least our environments(metaphorically)

Array

School
    10th Planet Vista
    I believe prayer works and have had it work in my life.

Just one instance was my sons finger that was nearly severed off and he could not feel because of nerve damage, the doctor said he was his miracle patient because he had feeling back in his finger just days before surgery and he would not require the surgery.

We all prayed for him and he prayed daily because he didn't want surgery and his prayer was answered.

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    "You must be like water" - some asian guy

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Almeida View Post
    I believe prayer works and have had it work in my life.

Just one instance was my sons finger that was nearly severed off and he could not feel because of nerve damage, the doctor said he was his miracle patient because he had feeling back in his finger just days before surgery and he would not require the surgery.

We all prayed for him and he prayed daily because he didn't want surgery and his prayer was answered.
    From a non condescending perspective, do you think he would have gotten feeling back had you not prayed?
    The reason I ask is because if you were praying, you must have been praying to something (I would assume a god - probably the Judeo Christian god). And if that god had the power and the will to "heal" your son, why allow the injury in the first place? Seems a bit cruel to show up after the fact.

And that is one of my major issues with "prayer works" stories. There is usually some traumatic event that miraculously gets fixed. Usually by a skilled doctor or medicine created as a result of years of research yet something supernatural gets the credit.

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Bell View Post
    "You must be like water" - some asian guy
    so you mean easily susceptible to other peoples thoughts and feelings lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast