Thread: Omoplata Finish

Array

School
    NA
    that's not a good instructional video. this one is better:

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Mr. Helton, could I trouble you to make a no gi video? I've only trained no gi so I have no instinct on how to adapt all those grips to no gi. I'm thinking, c cup the ankle instead of gripping the pant sleeve? Overhook and grab the hip bone rather than grab the belt?

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Lambert View Post
    Thanks so much Jon! I'm going to drill this the next chance I get. Do you do anything differently for no gi?
    The biggest I do different for no-gi is I don't wear a gi. No man, practically the same. The grip he uses are not crucial. Just control at the hip with the far arm.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Mr. Helton, could I trouble you to make a no gi video? I've only trained no gi so I have no instinct on how to adapt all those grips to no gi. I'm thinking, c cup the ankle instead of gripping the pant sleeve? Overhook and grab the hip bone rather than grab the belt?
    I can't make technique vids per 10p rules. You nailed it on the head though man. It's not rocket science, so don't try to over think it. Be careful with c cupping the ankle as you never want your arm between their legs. Just "chalk" at the knee or ank le and definitely grab the hip bone.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I reach up from jiu claw with the opposite arm like that sometimes, that's the move that popped my rib when I was training for ADCC 2005. It's a great position but it puts alot of strain on my ribs because of the the twist of the torso, my ribs are crazy weak. I really like the scoot out from that position, good stuff
    I haven't noticed any extra strain on my ribs. I'll try to pay attention to that next time I'm going live with it. You might just be a weakling though.

nice. Seems like it would be easier to sit up this way than the normal route, just by looking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12