Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Claudio Franca
    Sick as hell, I keep watchin expecting the awe to wear off but it doesnt. Only wish we could see the other angle.

GB

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Hermes was clueless as to where Ryan was headed! Sweet! But yes, this is a couple of years old

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Max P. View Post
    I like how the other guy is desperately trying to get any type of leg lock going, but there just isn't any opening.
    "the other guy" lol thats Hermes Franca, brotha

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Watkins View Post
    You should buy his deep half guard DVD. He goes over that exact transition. I posted this video on a thread like a year ago and I think Eddie typed out the chain in a reply. Let me see if I can look it up and bump it.
    Hands down, Ryan Halls DVDs are the best out there. My favorites are the Back Attack and Deep Half DVDs

Although this is an old match its still exciting and very technical. I dont think much else happens but if you watch all the fine details its amazing to watch
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post

Hands down, Ryan Halls DVDs are the best out there. My favorites are the Back Attack and Deep Half DVDs

Although this is an old match its still exciting and very technical. I dont think much else happens but if you watch all the fine details its amazing to watch
    I appreciate this endorsement. I'm going to look into them. While I'm learning the basics with coach, I'm going to infect my brain with some good deep half stuff. I feel like this will help me a ton since I'm weak for a big guy and I feel that this kind of leverage based guard will be great for me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    I appreciate this endorsement. I'm going to look into them. While I'm learning the basics with coach, I'm going to infect my brain with some good deep half stuff. I feel like this will help me a ton since I'm weak for a big guy and I feel that this kind of leverage based guard will be great for me.
    Those 2 are in the gi but you should be able to take the concepts and use them no gi. But the way he breaks things down and the fine details he points out is pretty awesome. Let me know what you think after you get the deep half dvd!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    I have always loved this transition. One of my favorites ever. Deep half sweep, gramby under for the back take (with the cool hook under the armpit with the foot), then front roll into a samurai. Very nice, Mr Hall, very nice

Array

School
    Ronin
    I guess GQ took down the full match because "the other guy" turned out to be a pedophile. I wonder where Ryan learned that rolling back take he did at the end?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    You mean Jail Bird Franca!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Those 2 are in the gi but you should be able to take the concepts and use them no gi. But the way he breaks things down and the fine details he points out is pretty awesome. Let me know what you think after you get the deep half dvd!
    Who's Deep Half Guard DVD is better Hall or Glover?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Who's Deep Half Guard DVD is better Hall or Glover?
    I think Halls is better. He goes more into the small details and why you do certain moves. Glover shows good moves but it seems like Hall goes deeper
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast