Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    I pretty much always feel like I've been beaten with a canoe paddle for twelve straight hours. Not all of that is from jitz. Mike must have gotten in line twice for the healing factor thing, 'cause I take FOREVER to heal from anything. I've had knee problems, low back problems, and broken my ribs in multiple places on more than one occasion. Some folks got the good genes, some of us got ours at the thrift store.

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    Popped my lcl in a tourny last November. It "kind of" healed and I was doing ok until I broke a toe 2 nights before Naga. I try but can never be 100% going into competition. The training that I put in before hand usually takes it toll.

Array

School
    Tanshin Dojo
    coming back off cracked ribs in october, feeling about 90%...judo crawls and hard sparring hurts a little

Being sore is part of life when training (Especially when getting older), But getting injured at the last two tournaments sucks.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield, Mo.
    I've been battling weird joint pain in my left leg... knee and hip... it's actually pretty excruciating but I really do try to just fight through it for the most part... But eventually I have to give it some rest our it just completely ruins my training for weeks. But, now I'm taking some recovery supplements and I've noticed a huge difference

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    welcome to combat sports.
    +1 million

Array

School
    10th Planet Chi-Raq - 10PSOG
    Quote Originally Posted by josh passini View Post
    +1 million
    agreed!
    Panda travels the 10th Planet and flows free.....10th Planet Special Operations Group for life!
    The Shadiest Mother Fucker of them all....

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I don't think there is one person in my gym that is 100%. We chalk it up to putting in hard work everyday. Comes with the territory. We had a talk the other day about taking time off when your injured. We just roll mindful of our and our trainer partners injuries. We don't stop. Weather its crossfit, jj, muay thai, wrestling something is always getting fucked up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Poplar Bluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    Just curious how many of you guys are 100% injury free? As i left, class today me and 3 others were wincing in pain off the mats lol. Everyone seems banged up.
    I recently went to HQ with my friend P.J. Sisco On my second day there I was rolling with Brent Littell, He was cross side on me and was trying to isolate my far side arm into the chopping block, when he attempted to do a jump pass over me to secure the head & arm choke I freed my arm and shrimped out on my side and his knee crashed into my ribcage. I knew something was wrong but just tried to put it out of my mind especially since I had a bad roll on the first day with a "Mayhem Miller" like energy burn on my first roll in front of the legend that is Eddie Bravo. I did the best I could the rest of the week but knew something was wrong because I was pissing straight blood and it hurt to breathe, on top of that I had a cold. when I got home I went to urgent care and they sent me to get a $7500.00 MRI and it came back that I had two broken ribs, a lacerated lung and a bruised kidney. I also had a bone density scan done to see if I was just brittle but it came back that I had the bone strength of a twenty year old which I will attribute to years of taking growth hormone. The Injuries were just a fluke accident. I will also be in the market for a brand new shiny hip replacement soon and don't regret any of it. I've loved training and doing MMA competitions for the past twenty years and if this is the price to pay for all that I've done then so be it, I wouldn't change a thing. I'm not sure who said it but this quote comes to mind - "Far better it is to dare mighty things to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered with failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that know not victory or def"

Array

School
    Gracie University
    I'm not.
    My middle finger on my right hands sticks into a c shaped position sometimes.
    Freaks people put when I leave it like that and then wiggle my other fingers independently of it.
    My back acts up sometimes, but it's still okay.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast