Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Guest View Post
    no 'injuries' as i'd define it, but i'm never 100% pain free.
    ditto

Your first day of bjj is the only day you will ever be injury free

Array

School
    10th Planet Poplar Bluff.
    You were great to roll with and I appreciate your knowledge, your big knee just landed in the wrong spot on me, it happens.

Array

School
    Academia De La Hova Jiu Jitsu
    was rolling today and my partners finger got caught in my gi pants and it pulled back bad and it swelled up immediately. kind of a freak accident

Array

School
    10th Planet Melbourne
    currently training with a direct inguinal hernia.

Had to completely overhaul my exercise, stretching and training programs around it as I'm not due for surgical repair for at least three months.

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    Your first day of bjj is the only day you will ever be injury free
    I can't think of a single square inch of my body that hasn't been injured in my lifetime of contact sports. How else does your body get tough enough to absorb the impact? What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and it's almost always something if your putting in alot of mat time and competing. Ibuprofen, ice, heating pads, tiger balm, icy/hot patches, hot tea, vitamin supplements, etc. just some of the weapons you can utilize in the war against injuries and illness. Just get back on the mat when you can and make sure not to make that mistake again if you can help it IMO.

Array

School
    shadowhouse jj 10th planet ronin
    The world of grappling is rough I feel lucky to be 35 and 9 1/2 yrs into it with only destroying my right knee! Torn ACL,Medial Miniscus, cartilage pieces floating around just hope I can still work a mean hubber guard / high guard when I'm healed Word!

Array

School
    10th Planet Poplar Bluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compella View Post
    I can't think of a single square inch of my body that hasn't been injured in my lifetime of contact sports. How else does your body get tough enough to absorb the impact? What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger and it's almost always something if your putting in alot of mat time and competing. Ibuprofen, ice, heating pads, tiger balm, icy/hot patches, hot tea, vitamin supplements, etc. just some of the weapons you can utilize in the war against injuries and illness. Just get back on the mat when you can and make sure not to make that mistake again if you can help it IMO.
    I didn't get to tell you in person like I wanted to but I wanted to let you know that you are an excellent instructor and I greatly appreciated the knowledge.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    ive been doing extreme sports for the last 12 years. i cant remember a time when ive been a 100 percent injury free. im used to living in pain of some sorts. ive had my arm almost broke rolling before and everytime that fully heals i end up rehurting it. i would say that is my main injury, everything else is ache and pains from years of damage.

Array

School
    Big Girls Gym
    I always hear that saying. "Are you injured or is it pain. And come to find out sometime the pain is worse then the injury.
    Ive broken two toes now, but I gotta say this cauliflower is more annoying then the toes.You guys tape ur toes before rolling?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast