Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Rocha BJJ / Gracie Humaita
    Yeah, the above advice is all really solid. North south is okay, but that puts pressure on your neck before you get there. Step 1 is to at least threaten Von flue to take off pressure on your neck. You are in position in the video, just smash your weight through your left shoulder into his neck. Step 2 is start posturing a little while keeping pressure on the Von Flue. Then, you can either go knee-on-belly, north south, mount, or finish the choke. Or, sit there for 90 seconds while the guy dies from your weight on his chest and neck ... he is pulling you down on top of himself.

Just be careful of the 2 main threats. First, he obviously would love to recover guard or hit his knees into a front headlock or guillotine. Easy to avoid, blocking his hip and keeping weight on him, just be aware. Second, he will try to use neck pressure to roll you over your head. Just be aware of your base, and be ready to sprawl harder or post your right hand out if necessary.

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Thanks guys! I'll be giving my head up tomorrow so I can try each of these.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I would go to north/south and then take the back off it.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Damn, that von flu choke is bas ass
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Never underestimate the power of a good knee on belly. Obscure technique that also works for is to hook my arm over his head like a north south choke then I slide my knee closest to his head up past his chin so my shin is across his artery. I then try and lock hands behind his neck. Kinda like a wierd north south with a shin jamed in. I saw a vid once I'll try to find it.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    can't believe I found it. Looks like it is from a 10th planet dude. Jason Mallory. It is called the nutcracker here is a link. http://www.no-gi-grappling.com/nutcracker.html. I haven't got the base down perfect yet, I still get swept about half the time. Even if you don't get the tap, the opponent is pissed and has to do something, friggin' crappy place to hang out.

Array

School
    AREA 52 MMA
    von flu all day He'll let go or choke

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyD View Post
    von flu all day He'll let go or choke
    Sometimes i get the Von Flue in so deep they can't let go.

Array

School
    10th Planet San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Kietzman View Post
    Sometimes i get the Von Flue in so deep they can't let go.
    Yeah dude, that's the best. They fucked up and there's not a damn thing they can do about it.

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Lots of votes for the Von Flue so I'm sure that will be the 1st thing I try. But that nutcracker technique looked pretty sweet too. Thanks for posting!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast