Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Crino Acadamy of Martial Arts

It's all I got...

Just to be clear guys...
    I only end up grabbing Mike's head/neck because his side control is so tight.
    I just don't have a lot in my arsenal for escaping his side control. It slows down his attack from side control and sometimes distracts him long enough to capture half guard. Also about a week ago I discovered I could sweep from that "half guillotine" position.
    Once I get a better side control escape game I will most likely abandon the hold.

What is the best way to counter the Von Flue choke? Just cuz I know he'll be throwing it at me tomorrow night.

You guys are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI5 MA50N View Post
    Just to be clear guys...
    I only end up grabbing Mike's head/neck because his side control is so tight.
    I just don't have a lot in my arsenal for escaping his side control. It slows down his attack from side control and sometimes distracts him long enough to capture half guard. Also about a week ago I discovered I could sweep from that "half guillotine" position.
    Once I get a better side control escape game I will most likely abandon the hold.

What is the best way to counter the Von Flue choke? Just cuz I know he'll be throwing it at me tomorrow night.

You guys are awesome!
    Don't try to guillotine him from that spot...thats the best defense. I also see it as a bad habit because of the danger it puts you in. If it can be used productively someone please advise.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Here's a good video on the Von Flue.

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Well the person on the bottom shouldn't be trying to guillotine you, it's shitty technique because you have no leverage to finish it, it's just stalling. But it's stalling when you are in the losing position!

If he does simply do the von flue choke or knee in belly.

But if he can wrap his hand around your neck then your side control isn't very good... sit more on your ass so that your head isn't dangling over the far side of his body.

Array

School
    11th Dimension
    Monson?

Array

School
    GGBJJ
    Wow, the Von Flue choke works like a charm. Its so natural I'm surprised I didn't find it by accident. Big thanks everyone!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    The Von Flue choke is legit. Easy to set up and super effective
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123