Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kony 2012

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Lambert View Post
    It's crazy how like no one knew anything about this a few days ago and now it's the most important thing in the world. I don't see how it's different or more important than what's going on in Liberia or the Congo or Beirut. Invisible Children is sketchy. They donate less than half of every dollar they receive....Most of it goes towards there salaries and producing more videos.
    Yeah I was all on board till this was pointed out to me. The concept is good but the money needs to go 100% to the cause
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffin Lambert View Post
    It's crazy how like no one knew anything about this a few days ago and now it's the most important thing in the world. I don't see how it's different or more important than what's going on in Liberia or the Congo or Beirut. Invisible Children is sketchy. They donate less than half of every dollar they receive....Most of it goes towards there salaries and producing more videos.
    exactly my point in this brother, its nowhere near as bad as shit going on in the Congo or other places in the world, yet people are still getting all high and mighty about the smallest criticism :/

Array

School
    10th planet riverside
    It could be scam...but what if its not? What if the power of facebook and the Internet took out a bad person in one year. Think of what good be done next. Who's attention we could point the world towards to take them down. But its probablly a scam. Still on the fence.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield, Mo.

My stance on the whole deal is simply this... it's children... those are little kids who are being robbed of their basic human rights. Regardless of the legitimacy of the charity foundation or their intentions they've accomplished something that astounds me. They've brought the world together with an idea. If Kony is captured it will give people a sense of empowerment. People will no longer believe that they can't have an impact on the world! That is the part I'm mostly excited about... Of course I will gladly donate money that finances the peoples salary who are trying to stop this... If these people have to go out and get normal jobs then they can't focus on their goal the way they are suppose to... I think it's a good thing. I'm tired of the politics... just do whatever it takes to make it right...

Array

School
    Stallion Gym / Arte Suave Stuttgart
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ Sisco View Post
    My stance on the whole deal is simply this... it's children... those are little kids who are being robbed of their basic human rights..[...]If Kony is captured[...]
    Agreed. Except you'd probably have to kill those kids to capture Kony. They are his personal army and will protect him after all.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield, Mo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max P. View Post
    Agreed. Except you'd probably have to kill those kids to capture Kony. They are his personal army and will protect him after all.
    not if you offer them candy over a loudspeaker! haha jk... I understand that is an issue. But, something has to be done. They just need to install a facial recognition program on a robot and set it lose in the jungle hahaha... "Object identified... Joseph Kony... objective... terminate... skadooooosssshhhh".... If only it were that easy

Array

School
    Going Rogue Again
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ Sisco View Post
    My stance on the whole deal is simply this... it's children... those are little kids who are being robbed of their basic human rights. Regardless of the legitimacy of the charity foundation or their intentions they've accomplished something that astounds me. They've brought the world together with an idea. If Kony is captured it will give people a sense of empowerment. People will no longer believe that they can't have an impact on the world! That is the part I'm mostly excited about... Of course I will gladly donate money that finances the peoples salary who are trying to stop this... If these people have to go out and get normal jobs then they can't focus on their goal the way they are suppose to... I think it's a good thing. I'm tired of the politics... just do whatever it takes to make it right...
    i agree with your point about it being children man, this shit should not be allowed to happen to them so much, its fucked up that it does. but funding the Ugandan army which is known for more atrocities than Kony himself is ridiculous, the whole stance on empowering the military is so stupid as i doubt the Ugandan army has had any problem killing the child soldiers in combat up until now, simply making them stronger will only result in countless more innocents being killed.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    According to the article I just posted two posts above, they don't fund any army.

i wish people could spread this message about the DRUG WAR in our own country which afflicts the ENTIRE AMERICAN CONTINENT. With deaths in the thousands EVERY YEAR. But wait, its ok we are curbing American addiction and not only opening the black market to children also but enlarging our prision system to hold 25% of the worlds prisoners, not to mention how everyone in other countries DIE because of our demand for drugs. But wait kony who has an army of only a FEW HUNDRED children is much more important. Better go tweet that on my ipod because I'm a huge cunt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast