Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield

Guys I'm scared!

First time competing as a brown belt in the gi.....oh boy! It's not gonna be good!
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

You've been brown + for a long time dude you just have the belt to prove it now. Just do your thing.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Lol I am not very spectacular in the gi though!
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Blitzkrieg man. Attack first and fast and make him defend then go from there. This is my strategy when I am honestly intimidated.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I feel stupid in the gi I grabbing cloth and trying to wrap it around their neck and things aren't working, it's pretty lame for me. I know once I get a few things down I will pick it up pretty quick.
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    My go to shit in the gi is Ezekiel chokes, you can catch them from almost anywhere including your opponents guard. Also if you can open up their gi and flip a lapel (i may be using incorrect nomenclature, the bottom of their gi) up and over one of their shoulders from inside your guard it makes for a really tight way to control posture and make your rubber guard even more effective. Being a brown belt your knowledge level is obviously several orders of magnitude above mine so i hope you don't mind my offering some tips, but i train in the gi a lot and thought i would share some of my better gi techniques. Good luck!

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cook
    My go to shit in the gi is Ezekiel chokes, you can catch them from almost anywhere including your opponents guard. Also if you can open up their gi and flip a lapel (i may be using incorrect nomenclature, the bottom of their gi) up and over one of their shoulders from inside your guard it makes for a really tight way to control posture and make your rubber guard even more effective. Being a brown belt your knowledge level is obviously several orders of magnitude above mine so i hope you don't mind my offering some tips, but i train in the gi a lot and thought i would share some of my better gi techniques. Good luck!
    Lol I dont mind some advice. I am humble enough to know I dont know everything and can take something from anything offered! Thank you.
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    First time competing as a brown belt in the gi.....oh boy! It's not gonna be good!
    I honestly foresee you ripping off a man's head and tossing it into the audience. You'll be good bro.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Mike, fight as though you normally fight (with some minor adjustments). The more you think about how you should modify your game because of the gi, the more it's gonna mess up your game. However, the minor adjustments will take a bit of time. But the learning process should be quick.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    are you talking about subleague comming up or is there a tourney i dont know about?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast