Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Congrats, You got a beastie on your hands!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Damn good toss towards the beginning. Florence venue? Ash Rivers reffing?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Very impressive. Did that guy go out from a headlock escape? Nice butterfly to negate the slam too. He gets it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Very impressive. Did that guy go out from a headlock escape? Nice butterfly to negate the slam too. He gets it.
    We didn't know what really happened. At first I thought he went out from strikes (I was worried Joe hit him in the head). They were all body shots so we thought he just hit him so hard he went to sleep (never seen it but hey who knows). Then I thought he passed out from squeezing so hard (maybe holding his breath). But after watching the high def version I realized what happened.
    As Joe clears his head from the head lock, the top of it caught the guy in the jaw. It's quick (I had to watch it about 20 times to see it) but he goes limp on exit.
    So he actually got knocked out by inadvertent head butt. Of course NOBODY knew what happened and probably still don't. I haven't had the heart to tell Joe.

In all honesty I think the fight would have been over. Joe doesn't lose that top position very often and when he does it's usually because he LOVES armbars and triangles setup from there. So dude was probably done for. But I hate that it happened the way it did.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ludington View Post
    We didn't know what really happened. At first I thought he went out from strikes (I was worried Joe hit him in the head). They were all body shots so we thought he just hit him so hard he went to sleep (never seen it but hey who knows). Then I thought he passed out from squeezing so hard (maybe holding his breath). But after watching the high def version I realized what happened.
    As Joe clears his head from the head lock, the top of it caught the guy in the jaw. It's quick (I had to watch it about 20 times to see it) but he goes limp on exit.
    So he actually got knocked out by inadvertent head butt. Of course NOBODY knew what happened and probably still don't. I haven't had the heart to tell Joe.

In all honesty I think the fight would have been over. Joe doesn't lose that top position very often and when he does it's usually because he LOVES armbars and triangles setup from there. So dude was probably done for. But I hate that it happened the way it did.
    Oh god say it ain't so! Ok apparently they are making them wear shin pads now.... but are they not allowed to strike to the head when an opponent is down now?!

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Holy shit that arm throw was insane! Looks like Joe Stanford is the new 10p star on the block. Hell yeah! Great work Brandon, way to hold down the fort, beautiful job :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    RMNU
    Great work!

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
    Oh god say it ain't so! Ok apparently they are making them wear shin pads now.... but are they not allowed to strike to the head when an opponent is down now?!
    In Novice there are no head strikes to a grounded opponent. No knees or elbows to the head at all. No heel hooks or neck cranks..
    Advanced rules are different - including strikes allowed to the head of a grounded opponent.

I'm cool with novice fighters not being able to strike the head to a grounded opponent. Let's bring these fighters up in a safe environment and let them develop a proper defensive game. Once they reach advanced and by then hopefully there won't be as many head injuries. That's just my opinion.

I would never let Joe fight if the rules hadn't changed. He just doesn't have enough tools at this point to risk it. But with the rule changes MMA leans a lot more toward Jiu Jitsu guys...and I'm ok with that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo
    Holy shit that arm throw was insane! Looks like Joe Stanford is the new 10p star on the block. Hell yeah! Great work Brandon, way to hold down the fort, beautiful job :-)
    Even though Joe is representing our school, almost all of the credit for teaching him should go to Chris Ludington. Chris has done a great job of learning and passing the knowledge to Joe. I'm just proud to be involved in the process and to have these guys waving our flag
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast