Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu

Suggestions for knee brace/sleeve?

I made a thread a little while back about nagging knee issues I've had, one of which I saw an orthopedist for who told me I sprained my MCL. I'm still on the sidelines for about a month and rehabbing, but I was curious as to what some good recommendations are for compression sleeves/braces when I go back to training.

If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. Chances are, I'll be getting two of them to train in, hopefully they won't limit my mobility but will also provide good protection.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    most knee sleeves just provide heat and compression. Training with a knee brace with metal or ridged plastic can be not so nice for your partner.I don't think they are allowed in comps. Ridged material (like football players wear) is really the only thing to reduce the side strain on the knee. Knee neoprene sleeves do keep things warmer and that can help keep everything flexable. The additional heat also increases blood flow to aid in healing of small tears that can weaken the tendon over time. They also provide some impact protection.

Array

School
    Extreme Martial Arts
    I hurt my MCL and have been using the shock doctor knee brace with flexible support stays. It helps stabilize my knee laterally without giving up too much of my flexibility. It costs about $40 but is worth checking out.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I hurt my MCL too a couple weeks back, I'm about 85% but feeling a bit cautious myself. Right now I use the Shock Doctor compression sleeve, it gives it some more support then a typical wrestling knee pad but I am shopping around for a better knee brace.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    So it sounds like the Shock Doctor is the preferred brand to use. I'm thinking it would be in the cards for me to get the compression sleeve for my left knee (which is just nagging) and the actual $40 brace for my right knee with the MCL sprain. This sound about right?

Also if anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Anyone have further imput before I place an order for some Shock Doctor stuff? Keep in mind, I'm making sure I get back into a steady gym routine to help rehab my leg/get me back in shape before I start training again, so if the Shock Doctor products will provide me support through both the gym and the dojo, that would be prime.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    I usually wrap my knee with an ace bandage the throw on a Melee Knee pad. Not perfect but gets the job done.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I got my ankle sleeves from the Dollar Tree and they work perfectly. I wear them with tights and its great
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    McDavid does have some good knee braces. I've got one from them that had cross straps around the knee which helps a lot with stabilization.
    They have different level of support with metal plates on the side and all but you can also get some without metal.

I'll try to find you a link so you can have a look at it
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L